Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    1.5 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.5 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi everyone! First post... yay...

Anyways, I'm 15 and I live in California, and I'm a pretty new web designer

Can you guys give me some constructive critisism on the layout, and also some ideas for what I should put on the home page and/or site?

Thanks.
    -Elliott

Member #
    I'm usually not big on dark sites, but I do like your choice of colors.
    Can't really say much about layout and content until you have some in there though.
    Maybe in the section under affiliates (the small box) you can put some flash content or if you aren't up to speed even an animated gif.
    Put some sample designs there or sites you've done.
    For sure you want to put in the main content area of your site what it is you do and a little about yourself.
    I'd like to see the finished product though.
    Good luck......
    GMan

Member #
    i like the top graphic, did you design it yourself? think the header text can be bigger. body color is pretty boring..you might have assigned too much space to the left menu.

Member #
    Personally, i don't like it. It looks like a clan website, it's too dark and has too many graphics!

You say:
    constantly strive to bring our customers the best
    But this design has been sliced out of photoshop and dumped into dreamweaver. This is obvious by the very very messy code, try learning CSS and XHTML, http://www.w3schools.com/css/.

If you designed the header yourself, i would say you have very good graphics skills, but I am sure i have seen that header before.

Some other things:
    1. Your using images for links, this is not too bad normally but you haven't even included alt tags for people using alternative devices or those who have turned off graphics for quicker loading.
    2. The text in the graphics is very small, and also do not have alt tags.
    3. Your including ads but you are trying to run a company, this sends out the wrong message. If you was successful you wouldn't need to include ads.
    4. Also you are using iframes. Although not as bad as frames, they are still not a brilliant thing to use when there are other possiblities.
    Please note, this is constructive criticism. If you designed the site yourself i would say you have very good graphical skills but you're web design skills are, to be honest, non existent. Try using the tutorials and examples at http://www.w3schools.com/.

Remove Ads