Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.5 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    2.5 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

hey guys can i get your feedback please, good and bad

http://www.hynestiles.com.au

and a clone of it http://www.hynes.net.au

thanks

samp
    http://www.4pd.com.au
    Design Industries
    http://www.di.net.au

Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    PICK A URL. You've posted 3. 1 per thread please.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    My only real comment of any substance is that the product photography has clearly been done by a professional whilst the staff photography clearly hasn't - and it shows.
    End of Line.

Member #
    The Good
    Stylish design with wonderful product photography. You were able to take items that aren't normally interesting and make them very appealing. The site navigation is very simple and straightforward. The content of the site is concise.

The Bad
    There are no "alt" labels on your images, the site desperately needs a site search function, and the Mango Design Concepts area of the site is vastly different from the rest. I was just forced into a PDF file without any indication when I clicked on Services -> Tilers; bad, very bad. All of the employee photos are similar in layout except for the Profile and FAQ areas. Why the change?

While none of the employees are horribly disfigured, none are professional models either. I'd ditch the employee photos and the little quotes next to them and stick to the product. After all, that's why the customer is there isn't it...

One last thing, the site is extremely slow. The images don't seem to be terribly large but the load time for the Services page was 17 seconds . When I visit a site and it takes more than 10 seconds to load a page I grumble because I know that if there's anything of substance that I need to do on the site it's going to take forever.

FYI, I'm at work on a T1 line.

Member #
    i have resaved the images, hopefully this will sort out speed issues

thansks
    Design Industries

Member #
    Hi samp,

I really like the color scheme! The layout works very well too.

I agree with most of what has been said above. The disparity in the photo quality is distracting. The quotes do not really bother me, but I think it would be better to have them done in html rather than as images. How good are your CSS skills?

In direct response to jameskeeler's comments (not sure what changes were made since he posted):

The pdf labeling is good, and it's good that there are other ways to get the information.

I would venture that jameskeeler did not realize that Mango Designs was an external link, a separate website to a company that works directly with your client. The difference in style thus explained.

And my last comment is very imporant and absolutely essential in terms of usability... make rollovers for links.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Hynes Tiles website
    Besides our outstanding service product range, all builders associated with Hynes Tiles may use the services of Mango Design, our in-house design consultants.
    Note the words in-house... Mango Design is not an external link.

In regards to the PDF issue, you're not following the link that I referred to earlier; click on Services then click on Tilers. A PDF will open without any prior notice to the user. If you're like me, waiting for Acrobat Reader to launch is very annoying and takes away from the browsing experience. I don't click willy-nilly on PDF links because I don't want to wait for them to load; I pick-and-choose which ones are interesting to me.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Nice site. A rollover on the top menu would be good. It would add a little punch to it. I find it's a bit bland right now.
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jameskeeler
    Note the words in-house... Mango Design is not an external link.
    Note the word "consultants."

In regards to the PDF issue, you're not following the link that I referred to earlier
    you are right, I stand corrected.
    I don't click willy-nilly on PDF links because I don't want to wait for them to load; I pick-and-choose which ones are interesting to me.
    I agree, 100%.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    hey guys

thx for the feedback, i agreed with the pdf link, i hate clicking on unknown pdf links, the site was designed to have another standard page, however the client forced the pdf on me the day we went live.

Soon i hope they will have content for the dreaded pdf page.....

thx for all your feedback

samp
    http://www.4pd.com.au
    Design Industries

Remove Ads