Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.7 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    3.7 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.3 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Elemental4Studios - The birthplace of innovation.

Hey all,

Recently my friend and I started a webdesign service offering domain name registration, webhosting and developing Australian business and personal websites. We carefully priced our services so it's very much lower than normal rates, and at the same time we offer Flash, 3D animations and CSS based designs.

Our site is not fully flash based, but rather a combination of CSS scripting and flash intro + banners. Personally I think it's a much cleaner process than a fully functional Flash design, but that's just my humble opinion.

Please check it out: www.e4studios.com

Note: viewing intro is highly recommended, although synchronising the music with animation still needs working (due to my older swishmax build).

Appreciate all comments and feedbacks, thank you very much.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    The design is nice. But there's something weird that I can't put my finger on concerning the text... it's style. It doesn't seem to "work" with the design. Maybe it's the background you have in the main content?!? Maybe fade it more?

It's nice and clean... just that text thing that's bothering me... then again... it could be just me

Good stuff... I also appreciate the fact that you let your users choose to play the intro or not.
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    I'm not 100% sure, it seems a little show-offy as opposed to high-end. I think the super-low-pricing is part of that, to be honest. I'm still relatively new, so I charge a little less than some competitors, but not so much less that clients are wary and suspicious of the quality of my work.

I liked the intro. I like it more because it's an option. I for one by pass intros unless I'm specifically looking for Flash ideas. The sound gets a little loud towards the end, and then stops abruptly, I assume that is what you were referring to as the thing you're working on. I wouldn't repeat the sound on the home page after the intro though. Please note, I always tell people not to include sound!

Okay, since I'm talking about the intro, my first time through, me being a little hasty, I was trying to piece together the icons with the text. That's something you are missing, a simple mission statement creating the metaphor of the elements.

I am going backwards a bit right now... I was thinking the icons would associate with the text, mainly because the "Air" icon is an S. In case you couldn't tell, I like that letter; letters as a the most basic element of typography, and are good bases for design. (Click to see my home page to justify this statement.) Due to my hastiness, I clicked the link and did not even read the url so the whole "elements" theme was entirely lost on me. But, inside you have the text accompanying the icons, and (finally the point...) I think that should be in the intro as well.

Sorry I have such a hard time explaining myself sometimes :-/

Okay, inside the site.
    1- Give me some rollovers.
    2- The header and nav are extremely large.
    3- Some sort of solid background would make the text a lot more legible.

Look at your numbering. On the homepage it does not follow logically for me. I tend to read down, and then the next column, especially if the next colums does not start at the same place as the original. If you want me to read across, make the layout more like the portfolio page. But, do please note the number 2 is repeated on that page.

I like the information on the header image, and how it changes for each page. Since the transitions are so slow and smooth, I would not attach them to clicks. Basically, you are associating each element with a section of your site, like services is earth and contact is air. I don't get it. Again, the background image makes the content difficult to understand. Furthermore, this is a great location to really really emphasize your theme.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    I liked the intro, mainly because it was an option as well.

But DCScene is right, there is no need to have sound on the main page.

For some reason, the white text doesn't do itself favours on the background that its on, it looks a bit hard to read.

Also, make the nav menu height a bit smaller, its good but it is a bit too large.
    Matthew Stocker
    (X)HTML, CSS, PHP & JavaScript Developer

Remove Ads