Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Hows my site?

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hiya, could anyone please tell me how I am doing, I am not the greatest designer and have been doing this completely through Windows Notepad.

I think I am doing something wrong with the layout but I dont know what, so if it is OK, can I have some pointers.

Thanks

Matt

PS - I will warn you now there is not much stuff on there at the moment.
    Matthew Stocker
    (X)HTML, CSS, PHP & JavaScript Developer

Member #
    Visually, yes this site is a little lacking. The "Matt Stocker" logo looks like it was made at flaming text dot com. I don't understand why a forum, for what? Just to talk? You could use your blog for discussion. I also do not understand why you used a scrolling div? It places scroll bars that are not needed. Just let the content flow, without restricting the height. A scrolling text area inside a scrolling page usually doesn't work well visiually. And I am confused why there is a hidden iframe with http://www.forsalebyowner.com/fsbo-2.html as content? It's good you are interested in the forum, Firefox, blogs, etc. But these do not a website make. I just question the relevance of your content. That aside, what you need to do is come up with the following: a color scheme, pointed relevant content (example: I could not find a picture page you spoke of), useable links (i.e. your blog points to a 404 for the firefox toolbar info), a description of your site and why I should be interested in returning. I commend you on hand coding, that is the best way to get to the meat of webpages, keep it up!

Member #
    Thanks for the comments, i have never heard of the hidden iFrame so i will have to look around.

And yes you caught me out, the image was from one of those template like sites, but i am making my own one soon.
    Matthew Stocker
    (X)HTML, CSS, PHP & JavaScript Developer

Member #
    The iframe is not hidden persay, it's css reads:
    Code:
    display: none;

Remove Ads