Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi everyone!
    Please could you visit www.immortalrace.com and let me know if there are any obvious errors, etc?
    Thanks very much!

Member #
    hey man, first i would say that it would be wise to try validate the page at www.validator.w3.org, there are a lot of errors!

secondly it might be better to have less colums and try incorporate the whole table on one page. you could try have more rows instead therefore people would have to scroll up, down, left and right to see the whole page.

also maybe including a very brief explantaition of what the site is about at the top, people who turn up at the site might not understand it at first and not bother going to the explanation page. other than that, looks cool........... but i'm no proffesional.

thought i'd just share my views, ciao

Member #
    Thanks a lot for your reply!

Wow, I see what you mean about the number of errors via the validator site!

There are so many errors that I reckon I would be quicker trying to get the rest of the internet to conform to my site's code! lol!

I take your point about the explanation at the top, and it would be good to be able to say more, but space is just so limited. I tried to use the text at the top to convey enough info to hopefully capture people's attention and invite them to explore the idea further.

I also experimented early on with the table being able to scroll both ways, but it ended up working better being limited to a tall table, as opposed to both tall and wide. It is easier to lose track of where you are on the overall table if you can scroll both ways.

Sorry if I sound like I am dismissing your comments there - I don't mean to.

Thanks very much for taking the time to give me some constructive feedback. I really appreciate it!

Member #
    i wasn't saying to use scoll bars in the table, don't think that would be the be idea either but when i was viewing ur page to look all of the page i had to scoll every way. think it would be much more visually appealing if it fitted the width of the page, but its up to.

best of luck man

Member #
    The table was designed for best viewing with 1024x768 and it wont have to be scrolled horizontally at that resolution. If I had made it for 800x600 and eliminated the need for horizontal scroll at that smaller resolution, the height would have been enormous!
    Thanks again for looking and for your help - totally appreciated.

Member #
    I really like the idea of for the site, but I think curley_bhoy has a very valid point to consider. I'm referring to the information. Simply saying something like "More information on how you can live forever" could suffice. Also, you could use the empty spaces for information, like have a background image or something while you're waiting for spots to fill up.

About pricing, the numbers are arranged seemingly randomly. So, basically if someone wanted to get a good spot, they could simply buy early. Why not make the more prominent ones more expensive?

About options, are you able to change/update your square at any point? How? What's the term basically?

Set up a mail form for your contact page.

Indicate whose dollar the price signifies.

I have a great anecdote on the 10 kinds of people in the world, but I'll PM you since it's completely irrelevant!
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    Thanks very much for taking the time to comment
    People can change space content at any point for the fee (all explained in terms and conditions). I decided to charge for this because I want people's pages to remain unchanged as much as possible.

I was considering a mail form, but thought it might be open to abuse.

The pricing is an interesting thing. If you follow the logic of the grid, the lesser spaces have to be made more "appealing", so that the grid populates evenly and encourages people to purchase the 'less wanted' spaces. It also makes people think "hey, i can get a really cheap space in a good location", and so boost the early sales.

Thanks so much once again for taking the time to look at the site, and for your comments!

Remove Ads