Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.5 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.5 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi all,

just finishing a site for a client and would be greatfull of any feedback,

The Harley

the site is for a small hotel with a lively bar attached. the brief was to keep the hotel sections quite clean and corperate but to make the bar sections more rough and ready.

theres still a few areas not quite complete and a couple of the images are going to change but overall its nearly there.

thanks in advance,

Member #
    Looks good. I don't recommend the map as separate service. Bookings as a mail form is just asking for trouble (count on a lot of back and forth).

Although the map shows microscopic icons for shopping and mail, you may want to go further. Where does business come from? A nearby convention hall?? Sightseeing hotspots, which the Harley is right in the middle of? Show the context of the location -- why the Hotel is located where it is. For this the map is more a centerpiece than tack-on.

People expect to interact on bookings, but the email doesn't show availability nor does the page anticipate likely questions. My first impression was this will set up a "guessing game" by email, with frustrated users the loser. At the very least put up a phone number on the booking enquiry page. Then try to anticipate the common questions, perhaps putting up room size, picture, detail services. A quick question to the staff should give you what you need.

The layout is sound, the content is a little skimpy. Try less web design and more contextual design based around the user.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Hi,

Thanks for the feedback, I agree with what your saying about the map but this was never in the initial design for the site. The client recently gave me the link and asked for this to be added, What your saying is very true though and you picked up on the fact that it had just been tagged on realy. I will try suggesting a change to the client but as they are realy trying to keep the site within budget i would be surprised if they will want it changing.

agree again with what your saying about the boolking form, it was suggested to the client that the form should check availability but as i said before they are realy trying to keep the site within a very small budget and we would have had to charge considerably more for that feature.

the hotel is only a very small hotel with a few staff and they said they only realy need the site to send an enquiry email to them so that they can call the customer back about the booking. I will be adding the contact phone number tothat page though.

Thanks again for the feedback, good advice about more focus on content.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Why do some pages have different background?

Not bad otherwise!
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    if you mean the different backgrounds to the main content windows it is to try to maintain the different vibes between the hotel and the bar. the client asked for the hotel sections to be more corperate and clean cut to show the respectable hotel side of the business where as the sections containing content about the bar and events had to be more rough around the edges to match the rawness of the musicians who perform there.

Member #
    I think the site is the best hotel type site I have seen in awhile. You mentioned the hotel had that corporate side to it but its kind of edgy and catchy that appeals to young people. To bad its not here in the states.

Great design

Remove Ads