Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Site Review?

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi please give me constructive thoughts about a few of my recent designs, thanks. Please can you review: http://www.twylight-web.be - My personal Portfolio
    AND
    Please can you also review: http://www.gregsgigs.com - Client Web Site.

Thank you
    _twylight:::

Member #
    Hello,

It has potential but it needs alot of work, the font doesnt seem to load properly in FF, and you need graphics, ecspecially if you are in the web design industry,

Try an optimize more of the page space make your width 760 px and use as much realestate as you can. colors are good it just needs to look more like a portfolio website.

Member #
    The portfolio site has several broken/nonfunctional links. Also, the text is inside a graphic, which makes it 1- hard to read, 2- not searchable by engines.

Font used on the client site is difficult to read. Also, it looks kind of familiar... The buttons are very large, and the decoration on them/border is odd (throughout). Do not move the buttons! This is very confusing, changing the treatment to mark the page is fine, but do not relocate the button.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    Disclaimer: Even before looking at your site I have certain expectations due to the fact that this is to be a web design business. Since the focus of the site is to be design for others, I expect your site to be exceptional since it is the best reference for your talents. With that said, I will now review your site.

The Good
    Nice artistic color scheme for the buttons. Pages load fast. Navigation using the buttons is straightforward.

The Bad
    The font for the content is too small and too close together. I can't read any of it. HORRIBLE contrast in the headings; black on dark grey is not a good idea. White text on a grey background is also a bad idea. There is not enough padding on the top section of content. The middle section has too much padding. The bottom section is like the top, not enough padding.

Why are the entire blocks of text in your content hyperlinks? Navigation using anything except the buttons is damn near impossible. How can I tell what is a link? How do I know if I've visited that link before? Where is the link in the top section of text?

Tables and ImageReady slices? Why? This site could be so much more simplistic to build and maintain using CSS.

As stated above, the site is terribly cramped.

Conclusion
    This site is easy on the eyes, with the great color choices and artsy fonts, but the site is destroyed by horrible navigation, poor use of space, bad contrast, and irregular text placements.

To me, it looks like a graphic artist trying to be a web designer. I'd keep my day-job.

Remove Ads