Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Every once in a while I get to the point where I am looking over 10 different versions of a layout trying to decide which direction to go. These are the times that I like to get input from others

The site in question is just a fun little site I run, which happens to do decently on AdSense. Trying to get more clicks was not the reason I wanted to re-design, but while I am at it, I want to come up with a bit better ad placement.

This is probably my favorite revision so far: http://www.inuyasha-fan.com/test/

The ad-placement is good, and does not get in the way (I think). Overall, I like the look, but sometimes my judgement can be clouded by the length of time I have spent looking.

I am still thinking about whether or not I want to use a pattern of some sort for the background.

One of the main things I am concerned about with this version is the navigation. I was not too happy with the drop-downs I tested for this particular layout, so I went back to showing all of the main pagesl. Does it look nice and clean? Or is it simple and boring?

Any input is appreciated! Thanks!
    The Temple of Dagon | Dagon Design
    "That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die." - HPL

Member #
    The Good
    I love the layout. Simple, elegant, easy to use, and not loaded with animated ads.

The Bad
    Two minor issues: 1) you need to try grouping the links a little better; there are so many that a visitor can get lost in them; 2) add some italics to your headings and make them all the same size (use Heading 1).

Member #
    Thanks for the response!

I uploaded a change if you would care to take a look
    The Temple of Dagon | Dagon Design
    "That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die." - HPL

Remove Ads