Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi All,
    This is my first post here. I was just wondering if anyone could offer up some suggestions/criticism etc. on my first "for pay" site. It's at http://www.scarefare.com/test Some items aren't functioning yet (shopping cart mainly) and some items haven't been added to the catalog. But any comments on it so far would be very welcome. Thanks!!:classic:
    -Bob

Member #
    Very nice site. One thing I would do is move the navigation. At first I didn't think they were links, I thought it was just text. I also think the title is a bit long, try "ScareFare ... Because scary is fun!" or something along those lines.

Member #
    Don't be shy, we won't bite
    So appropriate for this site, though not true of my reviews. I provide lots of criticism, and free of charge!

Overall, I think there is a cohesive effective layout. I like the background images. I like the font you've found for the logo.

But so as not to contradict myself, allow me to get critical:

The red text on the black backgroud is difficult to read. I am referring to the nav. The color of the "visited" link (from bottom nav) would provide a lot more contrast.

Rollovers for the main nav.

Not sure if the red of the logo is the same red as the one within. They look different because of the surrounding colors being so different. There's a name for that effect, but I don't know what it is off the top of my head.

Make a form, make or find a script, and use that in lieu of listing the email addresses on the contact page.

In the catalog, if I'm looking at something and I click the image, I expect a larger one to come up. Usability dictates that designers should meet my expectations. In other words, the 360 is a cool option, but that should not be the default.

What's with the extra green on the about page?
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    Hi Guys,
    Thanks for the advice. I'm going to be working on it today so I'll post back with the new updates. Thanks again for the help!
    -Bob
    -Bob

Member #
    Ok, I made a bunch of a changes including brighter colors, more text, fixed links, larger text, rollovers, etc. How does it look now? The one thing I can't figure out is how to make the bottom nav link colors different from the link colors used within the rest of the documents. Is that possible? I'd like to make them brighter, but still keep the links inside the tan area my dark red color. Thanks!
    -Bob
    -Bob

Member #
    For a paysite it may be easier to make use of PayPal's services.

Member #
    Do you mean for the shopping cart? I think that would be a good idea as well.
    -Bob

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bob_visualefx
    Ok, I made a bunch of a changes including brighter colors, more text, fixed links, larger text, rollovers, etc. How does it look now?
    Overall better, but now you have crowded some of the text, specifically the bios on the about page. Because the name is larger, it takes up the space in between. Also, the photo should be a little bit lower so it doesn't start slightly above the name.
    The one thing I can't figure out is how to make the bottom nav link colors different from the link colors used within the rest of the documents. Is that possible? I'd like to make them brighter, but still keep the links inside the tan area my dark red color. Thanks!
    -Bob
    Have no fear, the answer is here!

And more... the about page is maligned, it's further to the left than the other pages.
    Ugly Mugs, in the catalog, should be "Ugly Mug" (singular) or should imply this is an example from a series.
    Shani

Member #
    That is true. I'll get to working on that today.
    Does the About Us page seem misaligned because the browser brings up a vertical scroll bar and pushes everything over? That happens in Firefox since the scrollbar only shows up when it's needed (it doesn't just gray out like IE). The coding has it aligned the same as everything else. LMK what you think.
    -Bob

Member #
    Does the About Us page seem misaligned because the browser brings up a vertical scroll bar and pushes everything over?
    Yes, that seems to be the case. Same thing happens in FF and Safari.

PS, it's worth putting the url down again so we do not have to scroll up to the top of the page to view the site.
    Shani

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads