Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi,
    Please review my website - http://www.site4re.com/view/

Any comments or advices are greatly appreciated.

Member #
    Overall the design looks nice although I find it a little confusing with so many of the same links repeated on each page. Is it completely necessary for links at the top, left and bottom?
    I also think the left menu bar detracts from the design by looking a little to plain, maybe a simple font change would fix that up a little.

There's also a lot of coding errors that stop your site validating and you've also used tables for layout, which I know some people here would shoot you down for!
    Currently using: Firefox 1.5, IE 7, Notepad, Ms Paint, GIMP

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by allyharp
    Overall the design looks nice although I find it a little confusing with so many of the same links repeated on each page. Is it completely necessary for links at the top, left and bottom?
    I also think the left menu bar detracts from the design by looking a little to plain, maybe a simple font change would fix that up a little.
    Thanks, I'll think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by allyharp
    There's also a lot of coding errors that stop your site validating and you've also used tables for layout, which I know some people here would shoot you down for!

Errors? Where which? Please tell me about that.
    And what about talbes for layout? What do you mean?

Member #
    The bulk of people on this site have strong (negative) opinions about using tables for layout. However, that in and of itself is not considered incorrect, and will not prevent the site from validating.

Moving right along...

The super-nav (home | site | contact) is maligned. If I click on the far right hand side of the home button, I'm actually on the hot spot for site map. Also, all the navigations need rollovers.

Leave a little bit of space on the bottom after the content before the footer, it's crowded down there.

In the examples, use a comma, space, or period to separate the numbers, I'm getting lost in the 0s.

This may be the most important piece of info: In the header, or otherwise in a prominent spot, say, "developing real estate sites" or something like that, because the click-happy me thought this was a real estate site. Chances are I'm not the only one to overlook the expository info on the home page.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    Errors can be seen when validated at http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht....com%2Fview%2F
    Looks like you've used a few deprecated attributes which have been replaced with css.

Member #
    Thanks a lot for such a great work and help DCScene!
    So many good tips and advices!

2 allyharp Thank you too. Are those errors really so matter?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Denis
    2 allyharp Thank you too. Are those errors really so matter?
    The importance of those particular errors is debatable perhaps, but the standards were put in place to ensure that all valid sites are displayable on every standards-compliant browser. In short, building a site that meets the standards is the easiest way of ensuring that it displays on most browsers and increases your potential audience.

Member #
    Like others have said, the site looks nice but there are some code errors in there and the use of tables for layout when CSS would have done the job in a much cleaner and more interoperable fashion.

That said, I am one who will use Tables for layout if I see a genuine reason to do so. (they are very easy to manipulate if you are a beginner and don't know CSS all that well). So don't jump to the conclusion that I am a strict purist when it comes to Layout.

Another small critiscism I have is that none of your links offer the user much in the way of feedback when you roll over them. i.e. they don't change colour. If you are making a website for a non-technical audience it is always a good idea to use links that change when they are rolled over so the user is aware that it IS a link.
    No ma'am, we in IT don't have a sense of humor we're aware of.

Remove Ads