Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.4 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.6 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.6 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    4.2 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi,

I'm looking for critiques on the design of my website, and constructive criticism on how I can improve it. I am especially interested in commentary on:

Aesthetics: How can I improve my web design?
    Marketing: Is my message clear? is there anything I can improve?
    Usability: How do I make the website easier to navigate for users?

Thank you all!

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    That's a VERY nice design you have going there.

Only thing I'll say is that your logo could be bigger. It's hard to tell if the butterflies are the logo or the logo in the top left corner

Otherwise.... very nice and easy to use ... knew exactly what the site was about in less than 10 seconds... that's good
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    Thanks for the reply Karinne!

I'm planning on collecting all the feedback I get from here and a few other boards, and do a design revision then. When I do, I'll up the logo size. Thanks again!

Member #
    I love it, very clean and professional looking.

Only suggestion I would have is to try and focus your copy a little more?

People tend to scan the internet instead of read it, so maybe you can get the key idea in with less text or maybe add some lists to focus the key points?

For example the questions, turn that into a list, use headings or use <strong> tags so it sticks out because those are some very thought provoking questions...

H2 -> If I could show you a way to triple your business through solid web marketing would you be interested? H3 -> What business owner would say no to the above question?

P -> Of course everyone wants to be more successful and make more money. With that said, why is it that many businesses have substandard web pages, or may not even have a web site?
    H2 -> Kaleido Studio is web design firm that focusses our efforts on making your organization money.

- We keep your business and market in mind, and display your unique strengths through a professional and well designed web site.

- We offer proven e-commerce concepts, and provide internet marketing expertise.

- What good is the best web designer, if no one sees or uses your web site?

Something like that?
    My first time scanning through the page I barely read the copy and just skipped around to the different pages. But I think the copy is well written so it would be great to have it jump out at you a little more, if that makes sense?

HTH

-Ross

Member #
    Looks very good, but one point is how narrow it is. Even on 1024*768 it looks a bit too narrow. I checked it at 800*600 and you could still go quite a bit wider without needing a horizontal scroll bar.
    Currently using: Firefox 1.5, IE 7, Notepad, Ms Paint, GIMP

Member #
    ooo pretty!

wdc
    Member #
    Hi,
    You must have use a better colour combitions.
    You site has a got every thing in function. you must add meta description to your site.
    Form
    Ashu
    ashu@webnewtons.com
    www.webnewtons.com

Member #
    I must agree with allyharp... you should go somwhere between 760-778 width... It look kind of too narrow... I would make a more professional logo... I like the buterfly though.
    Try to organise your content a little... try to make bold titles for each paragraph... so the viewer could se what that paragraph is about... when he scans the screen...
    "Web site designef for a minimum screen resolution of 1024x768 and on the Firefox Browser"... try to not make spelling mistakes... and don't see why you wrote bout screen resolution and Firefox... websites should be working on all browsers...
    Overall looks OK but does not make me say WOOOOOW
    Hope it was helpfull aranoid:

Member #
    Definitely strong over all, but still room for improvement (am I a designer or what?!)

Photo-realistic butterflies are beautiful, but stylistically clash the cartoonish characters of the logo.

I prefer rollovers to match the treatment of the navigation. In other words, since the nav has a color field, the rollover should be a color field. The underlining is too subtle.

Use proper grammar in the offset quotes.

Header text could be system, needn't be in the image.

"MENU:" is not needed.

I don't like the treatment of the quotes on the right column, the colors don't match. OOH! Check out the Marketing Tips page... when the title on the right column quote extends to a second line, it gets cut off.

Furthermore on the right column, and this is really food for thought... Two pages of the site utilize the right column for navigation. From a usabliity standpoint, it's better to keep a consistent navigation structure through out. For me, personally, I get it, but, as I said, food for thought. It's generally not a good practice to use the same area for different purposes.

WebSmith is an external link... what does it have to do with Kaleido? It's generally not good to take someone out of your site without warning and without a [minicode]target="_blank"[/minicode]

Portfolio subnav should have thumbnails or details, not just numbers.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Remove Ads