Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

http://www.EquitableAdjusters.com

Hey guys let me know what you think of this site.

It's for a Public Insurance Adjuster.

-Line
    http://www.LineDetail.com | The LineDetail Drawing Co. | Theme-Based Web Site Design, Art & Animation

Member #
    I like the stretching panel and the overall look of the site is very professional and suits the subject very well. I do, however, think the pillar effect on the outside of your container is a little gaudy and over the top. If you cut those out the site will look a lot more crisp. If you want some kind of border i suggest some kind of simple drop shadow effect.

As far as the code goes; It could be made a lot cleaner and simplified a lot by not using tables for your layout. It would also validate.

Over all though... Very nice indeed.
    No ma'am, we in IT don't have a sense of humor we're aware of.

Member #
    Thanks minute!

Yeah, so i've heard about cleaning up the code from one of my colleagues who yells at me about it

I guess I really need to learn more about div's in order to get my columns and the site to stretch 100% height.. I could get the site to validate with tables and still do the same function, but still I have yet to see a reason to be validated. Other then the fact that sites can be seen on mobile products.

This client didn't request or pay for validation either.

-Line
    http://www.LineDetail.com | The LineDetail Drawing Co. | Theme-Based Web Site Design, Art & Animation

Member #
    Not to bad,overall look of the site is nice, you can see what is going on, the only suggestion that i have is that perhaps the navigation on the left hand side is a bit drowned out by the dotted line between each menu item. Now i realise that it's a breaker of some sort, but i just think that it kind of drowns the menu items.
    I agree with the point about the pillars on the side, and the other thing is the fading in and out of the blue colours, although it gives it a soft appearance, i think you are trying to strive for a crisp clear clean site. You have done some aspects of it, but i think you could still do some other points to the site.
    Good luck
    Tip #44: never pee into the wind...
    www.jenerate.com

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Line
    Thanks minute!

Yeah, so i've heard about cleaning up the code from one of my colleagues who yells at me about it

I guess I really need to learn more about div's in order to get my columns and the site to stretch 100% height.. I could get the site to validate with tables and still do the same function, but still I have yet to see a reason to be validated. Other then the fact that sites can be seen on mobile products.

This client didn't request or pay for validation either.

-Line
    I understand that if your client has not paid for fully valid code you will be reluctant to do the extra work but I assure you that it is a practice that is worth getting used to. If you make every site validate, by the time someone asks and pays for it, you'll be ready to offer them the service and basically make yourself some free money

Getting the site to stretch is possible with divs but the question is....

Why bother? If the user stretches the site all they get is more white space.. they don't gain anything do they? If it aint broke... don't fix it.
    No ma'am, we in IT don't have a sense of humor we're aware of.

Remove Ads