Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Comments needed

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.7 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.7 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.7 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.7 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.7 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi, I'd be grateful if I could receive some comments for my site; fovi.co.uk . I would only like to receive comments on the layout and design, both positive and negative are welcome

Member #
    You're off to a good start, but just me personally, I would move that google search box to the bottom of the page. When someone loads the page and starts to scroll down, they see your layout and then this white, google search box in the page, just MHO (My Honest Opinion). Other than that the rest of your page looks good, I'm liking the flash links that you have with that blur effect.

Member #
    first...your header it's empty..white , and don't link the menu ( that blur effect) , the font is too big .

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by allergic
    first...your header it's empty..white , and don't link the menu ( that blur effect) , the font is too big .
    My header isn't empty, the image probably didn't load, and thanks for the tip about the menubar, but I guess that's just a matter of personal opinion.

Member #
    hmm..the image didn't load for me either..I see empty white space at top..I do like the blur effect with the links..thats neat. But I would make the font smaller..Maybe 10 or 12 since thats about 16(at least) and see if it helps out. And ya..the ad needs to be moved so it doesn't distract. I like the site

Member #
    The blur effect is dreadful, to be honest. Anything that obscures text is a no-no.

The header is cool, but the cursive F seems a bit too jagged to do it justice. You went with a smooth look, so everything has to be smooth in order for it to work.

Member #
    I don't like the blur; however I like the colors. Add some padding to the left to add more "white space". In your case, orange space. LOL. The text is to close to the edge and it makes me feel crowded.

The "about" page the photo is not lined up with the text. Wow, it looks horrible in I.E. Fire Fox did you justice, but I.E. let you down. You need to fix the photo with CSS or insert it in a table.

Hope this helped.

Member #
    The blur!! A topic of controversy. Personally, I think it's a bit like reverse-mystery meat navigation. Instead of not knowing what you moused over BEFORE you did it, you don't know AFTER you did it. I don't know really. If it were me I'd get rid of it, because clearly it irritates some people.

The header is nice. The google search box - not so nice. It doesn't really fit with the theme. The ads also seem quite intrusive. They're taking up about 1/5th of the space used for content. Perhaps this could be slightly alleviated by stretching the width a little? That could be a bit tricky with how the banner at the top is set up.

Other than that it looks pretty nice and warm Whether that it suits the desired content is another matter entirely, however.
    Goldfish
    Blueshadow Multimedia

Remove Ads