Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Please review and off any comments/suggestions/criticisms...
    Thanks In Advance...
    Mike...

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    It's not bad.

The dark blue writting "SMECKCITY WEB DESIGN & HOSTING " in the content is REALLY hard to read. I had to highlight it to see what was written there.

Everything is in bold :ermm:

Same as another review I did today. The Web Design and Web Hosting field is a very competitive one. Your site needs to be alot more appealing.

The layout is not bad, you're on the right track. Just keep at it and see my other post in your other review for links
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by karinne
    It's not bad.

The dark blue writting "SMECKCITY WEB DESIGN & HOSTING " in the content is REALLY hard to read. I had to highlight it to see what was written there.

Everything is in bold :ermm:

Same as another review I did today. The Web Design and Web Hosting field is a very competitive one. Your site needs to be alot more appealing.

The layout is not bad, you're on the right track. Just keep at it and see my other post in your other review for links
    Karinne - Thanks for the feedback...
    I lightened up the Logo and took most of the BOLD out...Better???
    Also, took a look at some of your links - GREAT Stuff...Maybe, Someday, I'll be at your level...Really need to learn about CSS, though...

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Much better with less bold. That way we see right away the important stuff.

The blue is still dark but it might the glare [from the beautiful sun we finally have over here ] in the screen lol!

Maybe, Someday, I'll be at your level
    Like I said... it's alot of practice and just keeping at it! There are still alot of sites out there that I look at and go "Good Lord, if I could do half of that I'd be rolling!" LOL! Another good way of learning is looking at the source of sites your like. See how they do it.

[a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    All those 1s and 0s make the text a little difficult to focus on... I would go with more of a very subtle texture than a background that contains text characters....
    No ma'am, we in IT don't have a sense of humor we're aware of.

Member #
    What's with all this stuff:
    Code:
                 .... etc
    Can you not position it with a text-align or margins? All that stuff will really kill your search engine ratings since the bot will have to scroll through all that before it gets to your actual content - and the longer the bot needs to spend on your page the lower the rankings will be.

On the main page under Introduction: SMECKCITY WEB DESIGN & HOSTING - why is that in 100% blue? It is hard to read - especially for me because I can't see purple/blues quite as well as most people.

The copy ... well, needs to be worked on, seriously.
    Y'All Come Back Now, YA Hear!!!
    I've just decided to hire someone to make a website and probably parted with some serious cash - that isn't going to be at all inspiring to me. Excessive euphamisms rarely go down well with any kind of client.

And another thing. Capitalising Every Single Word Doesn't Make It Look Professional. It Just Ends Up Looking Pretentious and Strange Looking, As If Every Sentance Is Part Of A Name. It Also Messes With The Flow, Since Most People Pause Slightly When They See A Capital Letter, Because They Think It Is The Beginning Of A Sentance. Getting people to read as much as they possibly can in their short attention span is key, and if they're stopping on each word then You're Not Going To Get Very Far.

So, make the sentances and paragraphs flow nicely by letting them read the whole sentance before stopping to digest it.

Some more general tips: You've got an entire screen available to you. Why don't you use it? If you notice this site has an image which goes right to the edge of the browser window. That's a great way to make the user think that this website is the "real deal", and give them some confidence in your authority.

There are many more things I could say, but that'd take all week. Those are a couple of starters for you
    Goldfish
    Blueshadow Multimedia

Remove Ads