Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    1.4 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.6 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.4 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.2 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey eveyone can you guys please give me some feed back on how I'm doing on my first site. A couple of things here its not 100% completed at the moment and the pics that are on the main page are not the final pics that I may use. Its more just a testing stage with the pics. I know some of you will say frames yuck but I love frames in a site. Most of the site is coded in html with a cut and past job with java and dhtml.
    Thanks
    Aaron

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Well... it's ok I guess. it's a first site so I'll give you that.

You need to brush up on HTML tho.

- You can't wrap <tr> in <p> tags. The "p" element is for paragraphs. You seem to be wanting them just for the spacing I guess. Either way, it's not valid so take it out.

Because I have my bookmark panel on my browser, I only see half of your menu. You might want to play with the widths in your html.

Your site doesn't look very professional and having it on geocities doesn't help either... I know it's not a "professional" site per say but still ... if you want people to actually come to your site for your services and take you seriously, you should think of forking out the cash for a domain and some hosting.
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    I agree with Karinne. You do need to host the site and purchase a domain. From the looks of it, you are doing this for a non-profit agency and are probably not getting paid for it.......so you need to find out if they can afford the $30-$40 per year for a domain and hosting (it has gotten pretty cheap).

As for the site itself, it does need some work. Don't get me wrong, every designer I know (including me) is NEVER happy with their first site........and almost all of them go back and redesign and redesign and redesign.......

Because this is a community activity site, you do want to make it more user friendly.
    -First, by making it more visually appealing. Get some more color and design elements worked into the layout. Put more photos on there for people to look at. The pictures can be incorporated into every aspect of the site for events, the calendar, activities, etc. Make it a bit more fun to look at.
    - Secondly, it needs to be easier to navigate. With clicking on your nav bar, when the additional links pop up, they look the same and you almost get lost trying to find what clicking on the nav bar actually did. Maybe make your drop downs a different color, or different font? I don't know, but it doesn't stand out in that aspect.

There are a few grammar issues as well. You have "Sponsors" spelled wrong. Then when you do click on the link, the sentence doesn't make sense. Word missing or meant to say something else.

Also, now that you are designing sites, you may want to get your own site and not link it into this one. Meaning, you certainly want to link your own info into the sites you do, but you want to have them go to your own site, not be a part of the site they are on.

Anyway, I hope that helps......
    Good luck!
    GMan

Member #
    I concur with the statements above...

Member #
    :knockedout: my first site ever was with Geocities. Your site is very plain, you could add some definition to the information area. Personally I don't think frames is a good choice for your site. I really don't have much to add that wasn't already stated.

Remove Ads