Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.5 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.5 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.5 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Please rate and critique my new site design. I am still working on it being Valid but the basic design is there to stay, depending on what everyone says.

Tom

FYI - I plan on switching over to PHP soon for everyone that wants to tell me to switch off of ASP.

Member #
    sorry.. nothing in it.

Member #
    You can not see the site?

Member #
    I quite like the impression the site gives overall, but I think you may need a sentence or two of writing or maybe small descriptions under the links to stop people getting put off by them. I do like the colours and mouseover effects, though. Maybe the title needs to be made slightly clearer, because it is a strain on the eyes fading into the background as it is, so can be hard to read. There's a spelling mistake on the middle link :P

I also like the fade effect on the border of the page, and the background texture (in the middle). Have you also thought of compressing your image gallery into galleries, and making thumbnails of the images for the page? Takes a little while to download all those photos. (Might just be my Internet, though...)

I think it's a good design.

Member #
    I will tweak my logo up top for everyone's eyes and I have already fixed my spelling mistake. I have my images in galleries but the thumbs that do come up are 640x480. I will test this out tonight to see how it is at home but MSSQL was slowing this down also and I switched everything over to MySql today. Thanks for the input

Remove Ads