Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: My Fan Site

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Here is my Linkin Park Fan Site...It's not completly finished so take it easy on me.lol Just would like to what you think. Thanks

Member #
    Nice looking site. I was expecting it to be lame a bit because a lot of unofficial fan sites are...

But... you did it. ooks very professional in terms of the graphics. It took quite a while to load though, this may have something to do with the fact that your on a sub-domain. we'll see.

Your code however, is a bloated drooling giant!! Mostly due to those drop down menus (that feel a little bit forced BTW) and the fact that it's built using tables.

I think:

lose the drop down menus. They look really sharp and clinical and don't really match up to the rest of the site. Use something like a static sub-menu on the left to get the same functionality. Use of some clever CSS could get the size of your HTML down in a huge way!

Also, I think the site is a little narrow. You could stand to make that about 100px wider and not have to worry about usablity.
    No ma'am, we in IT don't have a sense of humor we're aware of.

Member #
    nice work

Member #
    I think he's doing a wonderful job. Each layout he makes is better and better. I can't wait to see the next one!
    Who invented milk........ and what the heck were they doing to that poor cow?!!

Member #
    looks really nice and professional but there are a few things:

1. Like minute44, change the nav. The drop down menu doesn't fit in with the site too well.

2. From looking at your code the navigation looks to be Javascript. For people with Javascript disabled browers they're going to struggle. You can get a similar effect with CSS.

3. Also like Minute44 said, the loading times are a bit big. The images on the right hand side used for headers could possibly done by using CSS rather than a seperate image for each header. Using CSS rather tahn tables would take a huge chunk out of the code size. If you dont want to use CSS navigation then you could possibly put the javascript for the navigation in an external javascript file and link to it to cut down on the page size.

4. It could be better to use CSS and XHTML rather tan tables

5. The page could be a bit wider, its looking too thin at the moment.
    ----------
    Steve

Remove Ads