Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

http://rfsonline.cjb.net

A site that I started recently... NOTE: MOST LINKS DO NOT WORK YET. I'm mostly messing around with design and coding a lot of the backend right now so stuff doens't work.

However, opinions on the general layout/look/feel of the site would be greatly appreciated as it would be easiest to fix now...

Peace
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    I like the idea, here are a few suggestions:

1. I'm not a fan of the font you've chosen for your main text. It's hard to read.

2. The red text navigation on your banner is really hard to read, because it's dark text on a dark background.

3. There's alot of room between the banner and your content boxes. Consider putting the login boxes "in" your banner, and moving the content up.

4. I can tell you're going for a dark theme, but IMO the site could use some more color. On the other hand though, this may not be the type of site I'm interested in, so catering to my tastes wouldn't make much sense

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Hey, thanks for the input - I'll keep it in cosideration...

Member #
    I agree with GAME that the font you've choosen is hard to read.
    He he he i didnt relize that the red word is the navigation until i read GAME's post. Try to make it more special so visitor know that is the navigator.
    Other than that nice lay out. i like it.
    Vu Tuan Phong
    iPhongDesign

http://iphong.com
    http://adstudio1.com

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Hmm.. are you guys referring to just the headlines, or the main text as well? I've always found courier to be easy to read... might be just me.

Member #
    Iphong: Game hasn't made a post in this thread yet
    Although I consider it an honor to be confused for our "resident graphics expert"

Brak: I was referring to the main text as hard to read. I like the courier font, but it just seems hard to read here. Could be a combination of it's size, and that the text and everything else on the site is black too. The nav is hard to read not only because it's courier, but also because of it's color.

Just throwing this out there, I'm a fan of verdana at small sizes (even though it can be trendy). You might try replacing your main text with Verdana at like 10pts or so.

Member #
    the courier font isnt hard to read. It looks ok. But normally webdesigner dont use "courier" for the main text.(it's for showing a code)
    And the NAV: seperate each links bu putting a slash between them. that will look better.
    Vu Tuan Phong
    iPhongDesign

Member #
    Oh i forgot one more thing for the NAV: The color shoudnt be red. Its hard to read. Change it to white or some color brighter than red instead.
    Vu Tuan Phong
    iPhongDesign

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Man, this "resident graphics expert" thing is getting outta hand. Thanks transio. :P heh

Okay, on to the site review (since apparently I posted here and I figure I might as well make it the truth! ) Personally, I don't find the body text hard to read. I'd personally rather see Verdana there as well in a relatively small size (10-11 px) but what you've got there looks fine as well.

I like the colour scheme on the front page. It's simple and clean and doesn't confuse the eyeball.

Two things that I would change:

1) The menu font and colour. The red doesn't distinguish itself enough from the black background on my monitor, and the font should be different (at least bold it or something) so that people know "hey, this is the navigation section".

2) Your text links. Underline them. People get confused when they don't see hyperlinks that are underlined to click on. Most people aren't going to make the mental leap of "since red equal links on the top, red must equal links in the body", as simple as it is to do. I make a habit of putting my text links in bold as well to try and direct the user's eye to where he/she is supposed to click.

The next two are very minor (more me being anal than anything).

3) "Message Boards" is two words, not one.

4) Perhaps the site would look better if the navigation was on the left side under your logo and that number deal was on the right.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Originally posted by TheGAME1264
    Thanks transio.
    Don't thank me, pay me :-P

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads