Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello,

Please review my new site http://www.Project4Hire.com
    What do you think about the colors??? And the layout of the site??? Is it pleasing to the eye? Do you have any suggestions about how it looks or the content of the site.

All suggestions/critique will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Member #
    I have to say if this site appeared in my browser I'd close the browser window. It looks like some kind of spam site.

Look around at the most successful job finder sites. Look at the type of layout they use and be daring....Do the absolute opposite. Honestly, if you do it right your site will be successful. At the moment it looks like something that might come to you in a pop-up.

Get a nice simple layout. Maybe instead of all those links in the middle try to get a clever menu system where people can click main sections like "Internet", "operating systems" and "Scripting" and then within those you will get options. It's a difficult banance with sites like this. Not enough links and your site seems limited and a bit static but too many and it looks like spam.

You have a strong Idea and if you get the look of the site spot on I've no doubt it'll work well.

Good luck
    No ma'am, we in IT don't have a sense of humor we're aware of.

Member #
    Are you serious??? My site looks like a spam site?? That's a bit harsh I would say.
    The layout isn't simple??? I tried to keep it as simple as I can.
    But anyway, it's your opinion. However, I don't think that my site looks like a spam site.

Member #
    Take it easy bro, you put your site on here to ask peoples opinions... That's all I've given you.

It's all those links in the middle that give that effect. Consolidate those down into some kind of menu system and you'll be away.
    No ma'am, we in IT don't have a sense of humor we're aware of.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Agree with minute44 ... those links in the middle!?! WTF?! "Show" potential clients what you've done instead.

Here's a good link to look over at what other freelancers are doing with their sites.
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    i'm no proffesional but i'd say it looks cluttered. opening the page there is just too much info and links, etc. colours don't make the web site stand out.

I'm not going to fault anything else, i like the simple layout think it would do a better job if there wasn't so much info to read.

Member #
    Well, this is the first pass. No doubt the site needs more work. Thanks for your comments.

Member #
    WOW! You have an amazing concept... e-Bay meets Craig's List. There is so much potential!

My honest opinion is you are a business-oriented person, as opposed to a designer. I'd say your best bet is to find a designer who really understands what you are going for. For myself, if you came to me saying I could freelance via this site, I would promptly erase the email. I know that's harsh, but my intent is not to discourage you.

The thing is, what you present to people is what they expect they will receive. Serious drop shadows, harsh color schemes & nested tables is not something I want to associate myself with.

Good luck!
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    You guys are very harsh

Remove Ads