Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Sob
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.5 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.5 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I built site for pet lovers - www.bypics.com (it's just alpha version now) The main idea of this site is to give users comfortable ability to show and discuss their pets. (this site is something between forum and photo service) How do you like this idea? Do you think is it possible to develop this idea into really popular site?

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    "alpha version"!?!?

I've never heard of that :lol: beta yes ... but alpha?

Anywho ... ok .. well... it's a good start I guess... it's kinda bland tho. Not much color or fun stuff.

I'm not sure about the idea as I don't have pets and never did and probably never but ... I'm sure it could work?!
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Well, i have to say im a cat person, but as far as the site goes its okay. A little bland as stated before but not bad. Out of 10 I would rate it about a 7.

Member #
    I think its a good idea for a site..

I would highly recommend moving your picture from the listings of pets..
    Make a link for an about us page of something

it just looks a little odd and I almost left a comment that your were a good boy..:classic:

I believe it goes.. Alpha, Beta, Charlie

Member #
    As far as the site goes, great idea that looks just ok.
    I agree with Igeek about removing your picture from the front. Looks very out of place and takes away from the whole point of that section.

You do need some more color and I would think about putting less pictures on each page so that you don't have to scroll as much. Plus, that will stay consistent with your content in your left navs (categories and comments).

Obviously, as a work in progress i won't comment on your search feature. Typing in the word "dog" yielded no results, so I assume this is one of the areas in which you are working on.

I'd like to see more of the site once you get it going to really comment on it.........but I think you are off to a good start.
    Good luck....
    GMan

Sob
    Member #
    Im building site where users can post pictures of their pets and discuss them. People also can post advertisements about pet adoptions or sale. How do you think should I add some content to my site (articles) or should I concentrate on building photo-service only?

Member #
    I think what you're really missing is some solid intro text. "A site for pet lovers." Something simple. You kind of have something in your header, but I didn't even look at that because it looks like an advertisement.

Further more the page looks like the results page of a search. In other words, I'm seeking a pet, these are within 20 miles of my zip code. There should be a label so I instantly know this is a discussion area and not merchandise. This is especially key because the word "BY" is part of your name, and that's a homophone for "buy" which implies you are selling.

As far as the idea itself... unoriginal, but not overdone. I cannot, off the top of my head list a good site that does what you're trying to accomplish, BUT I know there are many others out there.

More on execution... Read a little deeper into HTML & CSS. There is no DOCTYPE. It is not XHTML compliant. There is a script outside the <head>. CSS is way better than nested tables.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Sob
    Member #
    And now I think may be it is better to use my site not for pet lovers but for people search?
    For example police can post picture of somebody and promise money for information about him? How do you like this idea?

Member #
    well, im not sure if i like that idea or not..
    there might be some legal issues that could possibly develop that your not even aware of..

not to mention have you seen http://www.zabasearch.com/

Member #
    Lol! I had to share... I did a people search on myself, and my sister came up among the results. It looks like the data entry person isn't paid enough, because her birthday is off by one digit... making her 30 years older than she actually is! Ha ha ha, my mom gave birth when she was 3!
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads