Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello,

I used my vacation and built my first website. Itīs almost done (need to finish the search function and some smaller security fixes) now. Please review the good and bad things. Thank you!

Ackergaul

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Pretty nice, 8/10

Member #
    Well from a design standpoint, it looks pretty good. I do like the banner at the top.
    The site is easy to nav and pretty straightforward.
    As far as what needs work, the content is probably the issue here. Plus, your site is driven solely on content.
    It seems some of the "Top 50 quotes" are a lot of inside jokes with you and your friends. There realy aren't a lot of quotes, but there are a lot of IRC conversations (real and what look to be made up conversations).
    I guess that is fine, but the title of the site and what you are expecting when you click on the navs are two different things.

Plus, as far as your home page, nobody likes to read the "latest news" as I finally launched my website, or coming soon, or I'm working on......etc.
    Maybe instead of telling us what you are working on and what you launched, you can use that part of your homepage to tell us what the site is about and what to expect, etc......It will go along way with filling expectations when someone clicks on a link.

Most everyone likes a funny comment, one liner, joke, something witty/clever......so I hope this site when completed delivers that. I will be back to check it out and see how you progress.

Not sure why infiniti is giving this a 8/10. If it is the look and layout of the site, maybe. But, when you factor in content it isn't that high. But......everything is subjective (that is what makes this world great).

Good luck.....
    GMan

Remove Ads