Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Please review.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

What do you think about this website.
    It is a project for my university. Please feel free to report any browser incompatibillity
    issues or even post screen shots if my website is not being displayed correctly
    in your browser.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    looking good, but has some pretty serious search engine issues.....

NB set the title of the site...

Seems like Google does not like your site... It has whats called a "patrial listing"... IE just the URL no content... Go to google help to fix this....

To see type:

"site:www.loukas-anastasiou.com"

-Hagen
    Hagen Rose: hagen(at)jxwd(dot)co(dot)uk
    JX Web Development, Bournemouth, Dorset...JXWD.co.uk

Member #
    Is it a webpage or an application? It's very confusing. In my experience, AJAX has been used mainly for apps that serve a specific purpose and mimic a desktop app. A webpage is not an app. They behave differently, have different usage models, and users have different expectations with each.

While the site has a huge geek factor, the viability of this as a commercial website is low.

I guess I could see this being used for an online banking site or stock trading site, but not for much else. The moveable windows seem to confuse the visitor more than they help the appeal of the site. Windows are typically used to segregate parts of code and simply the flow of an app. How can that be applied to a website with static content?

All in all, the site looks fabulous but it is definitely lacking a purpose. Keep up the great work, but always remember that work without meaning is meaningless work.

Remove Ads