Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Please Critique

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.5 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

UPDATE:

All right -- I took a little time and revised the layout ..

-- Overall, made it bigger -- Went from 648px to 720px wide
    -- Simplified the images by taking out gradients and other small efects in order to decrease page load time.
    -- Removed duplicate images for hover effects and just used opacity changes on :hover
    -- Got a lot more of the content up.

That's all I can thin of for now, but for the most part it's coming together.

The portfolio is not up, yet nor is ALL of the content, however the majority is there. There are also certain display terchiniques that will change once everything is online... For example the services page will change a little.

Let me know what you thiink (again).

YaxNet.com

Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I just recently put this new layout online and while it's not complete yet (by far) the basic layout and graphics are there, so please... critique. There are still a few little quirks I need to fix and little edits that need to be made to the coding and graphics, but for the most part it's all there.

Also, if possible anybody that may be running a KHTML browser like Safari or Konqueror please let me know how the site appears for you as I only have Windows on my machine and don't know how the site appears in those browsers. Please supply a screenshot if possible. Thanks.

The layout is made up of DIVs, CSS, and PHP includes for the navi. Was all hand coded in notepad and all graphics from scratch in Photoshop CS2.

Thank you in advance for your time and I look forward to reading your opinions!\\

YaxNet.com

Member #
    Pretty Nice. Basic Coding. Basic GFX, User-friendly interface, Great beta

4/5

Member #
    thanks for the response. Like I said, there is still much to be done, and it's got the very basic layout up so far...

Now that I think about it, it may even be a little soon to be posting this site for review... I guess that's what happens when you're bored, though.

Member #
    I know I'm new, but I have a couple suggestions:
    --Make your content div slightly taller. You won't have a scrollbar anymore.
    --Have a larger seperation between the content div and all of the text below. Maybe a different font?

Overall, very nice. And your customers will certainly appreciate the downloads...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    dont change it, its great how it is

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by KyPeN
    I know I'm new, but I have a couple suggestions:
    --Make your content div slightly taller. You won't have a scrollbar anymore.
    --Have a larger seperation between the content div and all of the text below. Maybe a different font?

Overall, very nice. And your customers will certainly appreciate the downloads...
    The content under the "overview" section on the top will change considerably. and it will appear as if there is less clutter between it and the top. I''ll update this thread when I get it done/started...

Thanks.

Member #
    Sorry but I agree with KyPeN....

Scrolling divs do not lend themselves to this type of layout...

Also, All the sections seem really bunched together..... Space them out a bit..
    No ma'am, we in IT don't have a sense of humor we're aware of.

Member #
    All right -- I took a little time and revised the layout ..

-- Overall, made it bigger -- Went from 648px to 720px wide
    -- Simplified the images by taking out gradients and other small efects in order to decrease page load time.
    -- Removed duplicate images for hover effects and just used opacity changes on :hover
    -- Got a lot more of the content up.

That's all I can thin of for now, but for the most part it's coming together.

The portfolio is not up, yet nor is ALL of the content, however the majority is there. There are also certain display terchiniques that will change once everything is online... For example the services page will change a little.

Let me know what you thiink (again).

YaxNet.com

Thanks.

Member #
    I love the site. Great colors, professional graphics, and simple nav. I wish more sites were like this.

Now then, there's always a catch... You need more padding in your content divs. Fact is, I just read through your CSS and noticed that you never call for any padding in your divs. BAD IDEA. I'd suggest trying a padding of between 5px and 10px all the way around your content in the following divs:
    cont-top-right-block
    block-title
    block-fill

That will take care of the About page. You'll need to proff the rest of the site after the changes.

Your CSS page could use some serious work. The styles are all defined well, but the readability of the page is terrible. I'm not trying to brag, just offer an example, but you might want to check out my CSS pages. They're not perfect but they offer some easy reading, and thus easy troubleshooting.

Member #
    Thanks for the critique... Now let me address some of your, well... critiques:

No Padding -- I've got two things to say on this...
    1)I was trying something a little different by using DIVs with a margin around them inside of another DIV to avoid those annoying gaps that I kept getting using padding.
    2) I've been trying to work around using the padding on the site... Actually, I just got serious about using padding and making the layout work properly to drop down the file size on the css file a bit...

Which brings me to my next point: The CSS Formatting...

I chose to format the css this way again for two reasons,
    1)It was faster to type it out this way.
    2)It cuts down on file size a bit. While the difference may be minimal, every little bit helps IMO.

Thanks again for your critique... and I'm working on the padding thing.

OH! and I HATE INTERNET EXPLORER!!! ARGH! Why does it have to be so compliacated?!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads