Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Please review the usability of my Most Wanted page on the Sheriff's Office website. I am interested in knowing if the page fulfills all needs for which you would visit a page such as this.

Any and all suggestions and criticisms are welcome.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Nice, i hope all those dudes and girls get owned cuz of your site. ne ways it looks good, works good, is good, nice

Member #
    One possible addition that I think would make sense, would be an - "I've seen this person." Button, which would allow the visitor to anonamously or not, fill in the details of the sighting in a form page. The information would then be posted to a database and a heads-up message sent immediately to the officer in charge.
    End of Line.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkette
    One possible addition that I think would make sense, would be an - "I've seen this person." Button, which would allow the visitor to anonamously or not, fill in the details of the sighting in a form page. The information would then be posted to a database and a heads-up message sent immediately to the officer in charge.
    Awesome Idea!!!!

Yeah, Site looks good and definately suits it's purpose...

Good luck.
    No ma'am, we in IT don't have a sense of humor we're aware of.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkette
    That's a great idea. As it stands right now I have a feedback form that allows people to send a Most Wanted tip. I'll tie those two together by placing a Most Wanted Tip link right beneath the Wanted Poster link.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Yea that is a very nice idea.

Member #
    Alright... here I go! Most of my comments are nit-picky, but I think this page is at that point. (That's a compliment.)

It would be nice to see a grid with all the faces on the top of the page, like walking into a post office. If I see someone sketchy somewhere, I can see if that person remotely matches right away, without having to scroll.

Who is the audience? If this page is intended for anyone outside of law enforcement, there should be a key somewhere defining the acronyms.

When I click the fugitive's picture, give me EVERYTHING in the next page (essentially a web-version of the WANTED ad that I do not have to download). If I think I've seen him (or her), I click for more in order to get a bigger picture, don't make me click back in order to do something about it. Also, outline the pictures.

I'm having some issues with the pretty blue+pink. How about red? Red=Danger. Black+White+Red, doesn't get any simpler.

My first thought was that the most wanted were in order from 1 to 10, but "simple possession of marijuana" seems less of a threat to society than say, "second degree murder, felony escape." In other words, it's a top 10 with no hierarchy.

And the pickiest comment of them all...
    On the image of the fugitives, remove the border on the top & left, because it creates a double line with the box outline.

Over all, well done.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    Personally, from a visual design perspective I wouldn't change a thing.
    End of Line.

Member #
    With suggestions such as these, it's easy to see why you have 190 positive reputation points. Oh, and thanks for all the help early on when I was creating this site. You were a huge help.

Quote Originally Posted by DCScene
    It would be nice to see a grid with all the faces on the top of the page, like walking into a post office. If I see someone sketchy somewhere, I can see if that person remotely matches right away, without having to scroll.
    I like it. I'll play with some layouts and see what works. It's an idea that I hadn't even considered.

Who is the audience? If this page is intended for anyone outside of law enforcement, there should be a key somewhere defining the acronyms.
    Consider it done.

When I click the fugitive's picture, give me EVERYTHING in the next page (essentially a web-version of the WANTED ad that I do not have to download). If I think I've seen him (or her), I click for more in order to get a bigger picture, don't make me click back in order to do something about it. Also, outline the pictures.
    I struggled with this one for a quite a while. When I was creating the page I was planning to have a link "Click to enlarge" for each picture and decidced to keep everything simple with just the enlarged pic on the new page. That's why I list all the pertinent info on the main page; to allow me to display only the larger pic to the user upon click. Right now I'm sitting here drawing a blank as to how to incorporate this idea of HTML Wanted Poster into the layout of the page, i.e. how to add a link to it, where to add the link, and do all of that without duplicating effort. Suggestions please.

I'm having some issues with the pretty blue+pink. How about red? Red=Danger. Black+White+Red, doesn't get any simpler.
    The colors are light blue and tan. You might want to recalibrate your monitor.

My first thought was that the most wanted were in order from 1 to 10, but "simple possession of marijuana" seems less of a threat to society than say, "second degree murder, felony escape." In other words, it's a top 10 with no hierarchy.
    Due to the lawsuit-happy, Politically Correct world in which we live, I am/was afraid to try to prioritize offenses. Afterall, the above example shows a slight fallacy: the charge for the "more threatening" fugitive is not Second Degree Murder but Parole Violation. When listing Parole Violations and Probation Violations I always list the original charges as to give a description of what the person is capable of. I'll try to make this distinction more apparent. In the end, I ordered the list by alphabetical order of last name.

Remove Ads