Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lavish Living

Member #
    Liked
    205 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.5 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.5 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    4.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

New site I've been working on:

http://www.lavishliving.com

Check out the uber-cool flash country-selector (map) I did.

Member #
    The graphics are very nice, but it did take me a minute to "discover" the navigation. A simple instruction would suffice. Question: is there no content or just nothing in Turkmenistan?

Another thing... it's probably a good idea for a search to remember the country info for the duration of the session.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    Looks like you already gave a uber-cool review of your site!
    GMan

Member #
    I'm not feeling the silky gradient behind the Search Listings box and the Log In box on the main page.

Other than that, it's truely goober-cool. :ichatcool:

Member #
    I agree with jameskeeler and not feeling the 'silky gradient' I also feel that there is a little too much going on in your banner. The horizontal lines are a little distracting, as is the 'chrome' effect that happens on the logo every so often.

There is also something funny about the person getting a massage button. The womans' legs don't line up, and it looks like it gets bigger than the others on rollover.

The map navigation is a nice idea but why can't you just click the country on the map to load the page instead of having to go to the 'search listings' box?

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Thanks for the comments, guys! I agree about the header and the silky gradient... I don't have a screenshot of it, but my original design was pretty understated - something more like www.bnycharters.com - the client came back with comments and more comments and more comments, and we wound up with this, which I'm not really happy with myself. Thanks for pointing out the masseuse thing... looks like I buggered up the mask a bit. Also good idea about clicking straight through with a country... I'll definitely implement that in the future. And the scan lines in the header are something that will probably be eliminated, too.

Member #
    Why don't the car and massage get the neat shadow effect the other 3 get?
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Quote Originally Posted by -chris-
    Why don't the car and massage get the neat shadow effect the other 3 get?
    the car definitely should. It was the first one I made, so I hadn't invented the effect yet, and I was too lazy to go back and do it. The masseuse photo was cropped at the knees, so I couldn't add the effect without changing the pic (which is requested by the client anyway).

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    I did some major updates to the site.

Comments?

Member #
    Eek... You went downhill. There's way too much light brown on the page. I'd suggest making the content boxes another tint of brown or something, just break up the monotony of it.

The plane now almost disappears when you mouse over it at the top...

I'd like to see the transitions in the slideshow to be much slower. Right now it's making me very anxious and it should have a calming affect instead. Allow the images in the slideshow to linger longer too. The whole thing is just a little too fast for me.

Spelling error: The featured item "Stretch this" has a spelling error in it.

I'm not a fan of all that content on the front page. I liked the site more before this update. It was simple, elegant, and understated. Now it's boxy and monotonous with an annoying slideshow.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads