Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    4.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi Everyone.

I've been working on this site for a while, and I wasn't given too much direction from the client except for their logo.

I would appreciate it if you guys could provide some feedback or suggestions that you might have for the site that you think could improve it.

Anything would be appreciated. Cheers...
    Tip #44: never pee into the wind...
    www.jenerate.com

Member #
    Im not a fan of the logo, the M and S are too close to the rest of the text, also why capitalise both the M and S?

http://www.gurhymortgagesdirect.com/...ttom_right.gif should be more of a fade, as at the bottom of the page, the footer text/disclaimer looks like it is supposed to be further to the right.

Pretty good.

Member #
    I didn't have much say over the logo, that's what there current logo is. I did suggest designing a new logo for them, but they wanted to stick with their current logo.

Thanks for the feedback.
    www.jenerate.com

Member #
    Yea, it doesnt seem to match the site. I wonder if they would let you "update" the logo, as in keeping the same style, just redone.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    Very nice color scheme and layout. I agree with the logo needing to be redone but if that is not an option at least try and make it crisper, it looks a little pixelated.

Other small things:
    What is up with the small orange dotted line near the bottom of all the images in the slideshow? It's not needed and a little distracting. Also, why does the favicon (the small icon next to the web address) not match their logo?

I am browsing with Firefox 1.5.0.3 and when I click to view the 'Apply Online Today' page the bottom half of the form is missing and there is no way to submit. However, there is no problem when viewed with Internet Explorer 6.

Member #
    Will look into tidying up the logo, the orange line at the bottom is just a design break, I feel the images would be to flat and bold and in a sense take over the overall layout of the site.

Thanks for the heads up with the form in Firefox, it has been sorted out now. As for the favicon, it's not that important, bu look at it this way, trying to cram their logo into the dimensions of a favicon would turn it into more of a blur than anything else. I think i'll just get rid of it.
    www.jenerate.com

Member #
    The comment on the orange line was just a personal preference. As for the favicon, that is also not a huge deal, but why not try just using the house roof and chimney from their logo...

Still, you know have made a very nice site when the only thing people cirtique are the smallest of details. Nice job.

Member #
    The logo just needs to be "cleaned up", if the customer doesn't want it changed, then obviously, it isn't going to change.
    The site is nice though.......very clean and good look. The color scheme is nice too.

Maybe to help with the logo is to move it to the left side above your home and contact buttons. Then extend the two orange lines across the top, creating a banner sytle out of the logo (the two orange lines I'm talking about are the lines below and above the words "and Financial Services").
    You can still put the phone number off to the right above the llines and it may help the logo "fit in" more to the site without looking out of place. It doesn't really change the logo and it may look like an embedded part of the site (meaning you can't tell if the site was designed around the logo or the logo was designed around the site).

Another way to update the logo is to get rid of the black text. I see you went with a more visually appealing gray background. Maybe you change the text color on the logo as well. You aren't really changing the logo as much as you are fitting into the site by changing the obnoxious black text with a more eye appealing and less obtrusive font color.

That is about the only suggestion I can give from a design standpoint. Good use of Flash, nice clean layout, easy to nav.......good job.
    GMan

Remove Ads