Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: DJN Studios

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    5.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Please take a look at my website, DJN Studios.
    DJN Studios is a design firm based out of Bettendorf, IA. We create website designs and templates, logos, mascots, even customized video games for your company. We are dedicated to providing quality goods and services at a price you can afford.
    http://www.djnstudios.com
    Gimme some feedback!
    Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    It's not bad ... you might wanna have a look at it in FF first tho

In FF the top blurb gets cut off and at the bottom ... well ... not sure what's going on there?!?!
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    Well, let's start with the good. The design is nice, I like the bright bold use of color and your logo is a very good design.
    For the rest of it though, I guess I'm not sold on your "services". The site does attract you by the color and look, but the content is what seems to be an issue.

1) You have hosting for $20 a year, but it is the only thing on the page that you can't link to and I can't seem to find it (at least not very easily).

2) I wish I could think of it off the top of my head, but all your logo templates (even your "custom" ones are from some cheap out of the box program. You didn't even customize them to look like your own design. It is driving me crazy, but if anyone knows the program I'm talking about???
    Anyway, I understand you are promoting templates, but you could at least take the time to customize them. I think you might have some copyright/trademark issues if you don't.

3) Your sample web templates are horrible. If you are going to offer web templates, you can put more than two in there and you can pick some much better designs from anyplace (monstertemplates) and give your site a little more professional look. Anyone looking at your sample web templates may not want your services.

4) Google Ads. I don't know why a lot of designers put this on their business site. First, yes I understand the reasoning........but still why? The links that are always on there are going to send you to a competitor site. I just think it is an injustice and insult to your own work to have links on there to send people away from the site you built and the business you are trying to get..........but, that is just my opinion.

5) Your contact page is almost ridiculous. You have no form (which shows a lack of knowledge). No professional "studio" is going to have an email link, they will have a form. Which goes directly to the fact of what the issue is. You have 3 levels of contacting you (pre and post sales and payment). Well, it is ALL THE EXACT SAME INFO. It is obviously going to you. You can eliminate that issue with a form. It will give you the look you are going for (to look bigger than you are or to make sure the email is routed to you and you know what it is when it comes into your mailbox).

5a) Plus, you are using a gmail account. How can you sell your services using web based email when you have a branded site, but aren't using it?
    Set up an email address with your domain and just forward your gmail account to it.

5b) Please, please, please get rid of your hours. There is NO WAY you are available 85 hours a week. Nobody will care what your specific hours are. Put a disclaimer in there that you are available 7 days a week or that all emails/phone calls will be answered within a specific time (be careful with that though in case you have errands to run).
    My advice here is to just put that you are available 7 days a week and not go with specific times.

You are making the mistake I see from a lot of designers make. You have a VERY good design and layout, good use of colors, get all your code bugs worked out........and then set up shop.
    Content is the downfall of most new designers. They are so concerned with the look, they forget to take care of the important stuff like content.

With all that said, it may seem like a lot...........but it is the details you need to pay attention to now that you have your site up.
    The chances are potential customers may not notice any of these details and may not think twice..........but you come on here and post and this is a much different crowd. You are dealing with other designers, developers, business owners, instructors, etc....
    Plus, I guess as an actual studio owner with 5 employees and a former instructor, it bothers me that some people just put a website up and call themselves a professional "designer" "developer", etc..........

Anyway tweak your site and let us know...........seriously though, good luck and I do wish you well......
    GMan

Member #
    Like I said, design wise I gave this a 5. I love the logo and the colors. Content was my only issue.

I understand the money from Google ads (when I said I understand the reasoning previously). The fact you are a teen, I can see even more how you like the money.
    For being a beginner, I'd have to say I am impressed though. You do have a good future ahead of you.
    Next time you should post that.......I think even more people would be impressed.

I do make money from reviewing sites (as a business owner), but here everyone contributes to help out budding designers such as yourself.
    Good luck.....
    GMan

Member #
    Yeah, gotta say that could be a good lookin site. Fix it up in Firefox and then you're good!
    No ma'am, we in IT don't have a sense of humor we're aware of.

Remove Ads