Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello. I was wondering if anybody could check out my site and give suggestions about it. The URL is http://www.smartboydesigns.com Thank you very much. Dont be to harsh, I am only 15.

Member #
    For 15, it is a pretty decent job.
    First the good.
    I wasn't too sold on your nav bar, but I do like the rollovers.

Other than that, there isn't too much that stands out as being exciting. I think if you highlight your age, that will help.

Things to work on.
    - Your bottom right text seems to be misaligned (the text about advertising info)
    - Your background is distracting. Going to plain white may make the design and content stand out. This is also the same for the greyish purple background your content is in. You just have too much going on in the background and you design is getting lost.
    - Your gallery needs work. You have only buttons and backgrounds. You should move your logo and graphic design over to that section (and put examples). And where are your web samples? Fill that section up and make your portfolio speak!
    - What about dropping your animated butons and links below your copyright info? I just think all those buttons take away from your site and make it look more unprofessional.

You'd get hammered if you were an experienced designer, but that is some decent work for someone your age.
    Keep at it, you'll get better............Good luck.
    GMan

Member #
    One thing you missed out gman (something I commented on at another forum) His tutorials. Check them out.... He's showing people decade old design methods. <font>, <b>, <i>, <u>...

This is a big problem.
    No ma'am, we in IT don't have a sense of humor we're aware of.

Member #
    I am still working on things.

Member #
    Thanks for the comments, any others?

Member #
    I will work on things. Any other suggestions?

Member #
    A good start.

As already stated the colors are a little too much. I do enjoy the rollovers, but your banner needs a little more work. It took me a while to realize that purple thing was a light bulb and not a shoe print. Also, its generally not a good idea to center align entire paragraphs. Maybe headlines, but not all text.

Aside from design you need to look at grammer. Some of the things are worded a little funny. For example 'get your sites banner here!' I thought this meant that you could download a banner, not place an ad there.

The 'Seven Seas Industries' link should not be included in your 'Design' section if it is still under construction. And the 'Fitness 4 Life' one below it is broken.

Member #
    There are several red-x's along the bottom of the home page. To be totally honest, I'm not a fan. There is just something about it, that I don't like. It isn't a bad site or anything, I just don't like it.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    Thanks for the tips. I will work on it. Thanks for everything.

Member #
    Thanks for the input!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads