Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello all,
    I am just beginning to get into web design. I mainly use Fireworks to start off a site, flash and then use Dreamweaver to gel it all together.

I was wondering why my website loads up all the pictures individually and the page gradually comes up. Instead of all at once. There are all these unsightly x's any idea on how to get rid of them.
    Regards,
    The Hooks

Member #
    Off to a good start given you are just starting out in web design. Normally I am not a fan of black and white but it works well here. The navigation is nice and simple and it's pretty much impossible to get lost in this site.

I think the only things that I didn't like were the visual aspect of the menu and the headings at the top of each page. I just thought they looked a little out of place and could have looked more exciting in some way - maybe a change of colors and maybe sharpen/change the border around the menu???

Member #
    Hi M.mckernan, good Irish name by the way.
    Thanks for the reply, I appreciate all the constructive feedback.
    All the best.

Member #
    cheers - lol :-)

Banned
    Member #
    Indeed a good start! Look and feel of your design is good, but you can have a good colourful site that would be more perfect.. "World of ful of colours" try out some decent shades of colours. As i am not used to black and white colours
    You can even try for good header with flash intro. which highlights the moral of your company.
    These are optional.
    Thanks

Member #
    The good.
    • A lot of people seem not to like the black, white and grey colour scheme but I think it suits the band well.
    • Navigation is easy to follow and use.
    The bad (...Sorry)
    • Your site is the equivelant of an office building with no ramps or lifts. It is totally inaccessible and I'll tell you why... You have just chopped up an image and made certain slices into rollovers. How is a text reader going to read that? Answer: It won't.
    • Because you've just used a S**t load of images it takes like a decade to load. Use text for text!!!!!
    • Tables for layout... of course.
    • Your code... well you remember that great big fat vampire that guards all the records in the movie Blade? well your code is about as bloated as that.
    My suggestions.
    No ma'am, we in IT don't have a sense of humor we're aware of.

Remove Ads