Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    5.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi there!

I am currently working together with a few other guys on a web site project called PhotoshopAid.
    The web site will be a portal for multimedia artist to hang around and talk with other people with the same interests.

We will also feature a number of self written tutorials, news, downloads and extensive journalistic features.

So please tell me what you think of the design and layout!

But please take into consideration that the current version of the site is BETA, and the domain will of course be changed.

http://www.photoshopaid.1go.dk

The forum theme, created by me, AidTheme is almost finished and the forums will be released together with the main site.
    Here's a quick look at the current forum design:
    AidTheme Beta
    Please tell me what you guys think!

And if you are interested in helping out with moderating the forums, writing tutorials etc. please send an e-mail to stianb@gmail.com.

Regards Stian Bakkane

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Fails markup validation (http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...hopaid.1go.dk). The big errors are missing alt tags for images which are required for accessibilty purposes. Even if they're empty, they always need to be there.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    I would raise the "PhotoshopAID" a bit higher in the logo image. As it is, it is a bit hard to understand what it says.

Other than that it looks good.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    Good point Chris, I was going to ask if that was cutoff on purpose or what was wrong with it.
    I understand the trying to be creative, but you don't want to be too creative when it comes to cutting off your name.

As for the site, I always like a good Photoshop tutorial site, so thanks for that.
    Use of color green/orange is a good mix, bright but not too bold or orverstating the design.
    Simple layout, easy to nav.........add that to your content and you have a winner........assuming that your site will contain "photoshop aid".
    Post the final version when you get there.
    Good luck......
    GMan

Member #
    Making progress

You can now visit http://www.photoshopaid.net to surf the newest BETA version of the site.

The forums is also open for you guys to sign up as members.

Anyway. what do you think so far?

Regards, Stian Bakkane

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    It's very nice but at the same time very green ... I think you did good to make the sidebar headings in orange. I think the content heading shouldn't green ... maybe grey? Anything but definately NOT green, there's too much of it: your menu, the newsletter bar, the background and the header ... add some colors.
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    Its good. Attractive. An online mentor soon. I like light green color highlighted with orange.Nice choice!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It's pretty shiny, but not everything seems to be related to Photoshop. In fact, at a quick glance, it doesn't seem to have anything about Photoshop on the front page. In addition, there are several parts that are currently flash that could easily be some XHTML with some CSS and JS mixed in. But I think that might be more a matter of personal preference. Looks good!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfiend
    It's pretty shiny, but not everything seems to be related to Photoshop. In fact, at a quick glance, it doesn't seem to have anything about Photoshop on the front page. In addition, there are several parts that are currently flash that could easily be some XHTML with some CSS and JS mixed in. But I think that might be more a matter of personal preference. Looks good!
    Thank you for all the replies.

Yeah, you're totally right regarding the photoshop content. We decided quite early that we should offer tutorials not only for PS, but also the rest of the "big" multimedia applications out there.

But of course there will be a lot more PS related turorials and guides in the near future, along with new tutorials throughout all the categories featured on our website.

And the flash content, yeah... That's my personal contribution to the site I really like flash, but if the users have problems with the navigation in the future, then of course I will fix it. But until then... Flashy flashy...

Stian

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Nice lookin' site.

But what's with the GIGANTOR drop shadows?!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads