Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.5 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Ghetto Trash Clothing. com
    http://www.ghettotrashclothing.com/

Working on a new site where I want to sell my old - full of holes - ghetto trash clothing.

I want everyone who is a designer to critique it now and give comments on how it should look and what they would like to see.

This is a design project that will actually sell my old worn disgusting looking clothes for their uniqueness. I want everyone to take part in it!

I want to use DIV Tags and CSS for this one so if there are any very intelligent DIV/CSS Web Designers out there, please share your info!

-Line
    (I edited this post because I had the word "dirty" in the description of the clothing, I was just trying to come up with something quick, but please keep in mind, all the clothes will be washed.)
    http://www.LineDetail.com | The LineDetail Drawing Co. | Theme-Based Web Site Design, Art & Animation

Member #
    The Good
    I like the idea of the site. There are certainly plenty of people wearing nasty, dirty clothes nowadays so you shouldn't have a hard time selling your wares.

The Bad
    There's no color scheme to the site, no links, almost no content, and damn-near no layout. I'm a little puzzled as to what I'm supposed to be reviewing.

You have the phrase "Ghetto Trash Clothing" placed too many times in the document. I know that in the good ol' days this would help your placement with the search engines, but not any more. The search engines are too "smart" for that trick to work anymore. You need to reduce the nav link names from "Ghetto Trash Clothing Lingerie" to "Lingerie".

There's no contrast to break up the monotony of the page. Use some colors to delineate the different elements of the page.

You need content. Right now there's nothing on the page except a definition of Ghetto Trash.

The brown line under the logo needs to be reworked. It looks like you drug your mouse across the screen in Photoshop. While that might be exactly what you did, there's no reason to advertise it. Try using some of the other brushes in Photoshop and maybe a filter or two to give it a weathered look.

Again, reduce the number of times you have "Ghetto Trash Clothing" in your content. It seems like you can't read a sentence without finding that phrase. It's quite annoying.

Use your stylesheet to stylize the <hr> elements. The rest of your code looks good.

Member #
    Hey James!
    Thanks for replying, this site is under construction, usually I place sites in the review area of sites I completed just to get peoples review of it.

But for the purpose of critiquing to update/fix the site I have never done. So, I'm starting from scratch. Making this site a community site for all my webdesignforums.net colleagues to give ideas on what design tips should be done, what fonts to use, art ideas etc.

The major goal I'm looking to have with this site is to learn how to do DIV/css work because i didn't know how before. It's a big lesson in web design that I need to know.
    so I know there's no design, just format for the time being, once I get this page done and all the div tags /css is the way it should be, then I'll get to work on adding more pages and adding art/nice design.

About using css for hr elements, Is it me or do CSS styles not work in firefox?

-Line
    http://www.LineDetail.com | The LineDetail Drawing Co. | Theme-Based Web Site Design, Art & Animation

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Line
    About using css for hr elements, Is it me or do CSS styles not work in firefox?
    It works just fine in Firefox. In fact, you can stylize that <hr> in some interesting ways that vanilla HTML won't allow by using CSS.

CSS is very liberating. After creating sites with the old tables method, CSS was an oasis in the desert for me. No more fighting with the code, no more untraceable bugs, no more writing the same code over and over for each page, as one stylesheet determines the style of the elements on each page of the entire site. For me, I've taken that approach one step farther and I use SSI along with my CSS so that I have to create even less code on each page.

Member #
    Yeah James, Good points there!

Line, If anything, Firefox handles CSS better than most browsers! One example is the min/max width attribute that works in FF and not IE.
    No ma'am, we in IT don't have a sense of humor we're aware of.

Remove Ads