Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    5.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    2.5 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    5.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Please take a look at our site. We've just started out and could use the feedback.

www.yourhomebrew.com

Member #
    The Good
    Great site! I love the colors, the content, the idea... Hell, even the URL is great.

The Bad
    Now then... The logo is pixelated badly. You need to optimize that pic with higher quality settings.

Please remove the text from the Raspberry pic. It's very ugly and distracting. Instead, place the pic as a background image in your div and create the text over it. That will kill two birds with one stone. You'll get search engine recognition and you'll be able to read the text easier. Right now, the red border around the letters and the anti-aliasing are working against the reader. I'd also remove the price from that blurb. Keep all your pricing info on a seperate page.

You nav links need to be reworked. I notice that you're using a CSS list for the nav, but it's not implemented very well. You're using image replacement on mouse-over (which is fine), but you're hovering images don't contrast much with the originals, and the readbility of the text of both images is poor. I would suggest ditching the image replacements and use simple styles to create the buttons. Then you will be using plain text (search engines need this) and pure colors. It would eliminate the anti-aliasing problems you have now on the buttons and it would also simplify your CSS code, which right now is pretty complex.

BTW, what the hell is this:
    HTML Code:
    text-indent: -10000px;
    You have some spacing issues with your elements on the front page. Namely, the "h-about" div needs to be moved to the right 5px or so.

On the Products page, the Irish Red image has the price in black on a dark green background. The price is illegible.

Some of the pages use a different font for the header. You need to pick a font and stick with it.

Remove Ads