Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Luny Designs

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    5.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    5.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I have created a small little web development/application business. Please leave some feedback on anything. It's very simple yet I am trying to go for that WOW look as well. Thanks

Member #
    May need some more color. Also, on your Prices page the <hr>'s are not aligning properly in FF, IE renders fine. On the Software page, the font size for "Programs Developed by..." and "Projects Under..." are different. One more thing, your navigation could be done much more simply by using an un-ordered horizontal list and some CSS. Maybe check out this link:
    http://css.maxdesign.com.au/listamatic/index.htm

Member #
    Hey, thanks for the link. I was checking out the site and it contains a lot of useful things! Thanks man!

Member #
    definately try and incorporate some more graphics and some more colours. I would also suggest differentiating more between your headings/sub headings and your normal text.

What is the symbolism of the lion? is that the logo you are going with for your business? Also if you are offering graphic design as a service, try and use your own website as a portfolio to show it off.

a very simple and basic site to start off with, and it has some promise to become something better. keep working at it man, and i apologise if all my comments were negative.
    Tip #44: never pee into the wind...
    www.jenerate.com

Member #
    The lion is my symbol for my web company. I did not take any comments to offense, I look at them as a way to improve myself. Thank you for your comments.

Member #
    Right, cruel to be kind time:

I don't think you have any premise to call yourself a web developer (yet). It stands to reason that a web developer would be constantly adapting his skills to use the most up-to-date techniques. The most probable way to show this is on your own site. Agreed?

Your site shows little or no grasp of modern web design techniques. What it shows is that you can use the design view in Dreamweaver or some other WYSIWYG editor. Using tables to design your layout is old and out dated... We use a little thing called Cascading Style Sheets or CSS these days. Now, I can see that you are using CSS but I imagine it is only to control your fonts. This is fine but there is so much more to it than that.

I also see that you've probably grabbed your List navigation from listamatic or some other list showcase site... Again fine (I get most of my basic navigation from there) but I get the feeling you don't fully understand it. Copying and pasting will only get you so far...

Now, as for the look of the site it think it could do with some more punch. Especially if you're going for the "wow factor". Your home apge fails validation also with 3 simple errors which goes to strengthen my point made above.

If you want any help with this stuff don't be afraid to ask. As a community we are here to help.

Dan.
    No ma'am, we in IT don't have a sense of humor we're aware of.

Member #
    I am a new web developer coming just learning right now. I know PHP, Java, C and C++. I hate the fact that DW has the design view, I boycott that view!! As you can see in my code, I code myself due to the fact WYSIWYG programs make code ugly and use a lot of un-necessary tags.

I am a complete coder with a ton of reference. I whipped up my site within a couple of hours. I clearly state, in my home page, that I 'm in the middle of constanst updating my website. I just got it Satruday. I just wanted to see what could I improve on rather than be challenged on what I know and don't.
    I am currently reading "CSS: The Definitve Guide". I do understand the concept of my navigation but not a whole lot of CSS. I , in no way copy and paste anything! I feel it is a disgrace!

I am still learning a lot and the web is too complex to know all. I can pretty much say I do know a lot as well. Constant study, trial and error, and so forth.

Only thing I fail to take into concept is the tables. What other alternative do I have. Can someone point me out to a good online reference to that.

I don't what my site to be complex but rather simple and straight to the point. Right now, I am putting on applets, within a couple of minutes, check them out as well. http://www.lunydesigns.com/work.php

Member #
    Disclaimer: You are marketing yourself as a web designer and therefore will be held to a higher standard.

The Good

I'm glad to see that you are learning CSS and that you have a good grasp of programming. The site is simple and intuitive and the color used is nice.

The Bad
    You mention in your opening post that you are "going for the WOW look" yet your website has no pictures, no portfolio, hardly any use of color, and no real content.

It's also hard to WOW a visitor when your Home button links to a dead page.

Another non-WOW factor is your About page... Besides the spelling errors, poor grammar, and change from third person to first person mid paragraph, you also refer to the company as a person: "Luny Designs is somone who uses good techinques..."

As for the design of the site... There is no design. Banners and nav links a design does not make. Think of it like this: just because you can build house doesn't make you an interior decorator. Right now you have a plain white room with a single blue chair in it... That's not a design.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Dan (minute) and James summed it up pretty well and all I have to say is that you've got a long way to go and alot of work ahead of you before you get me to do "Wow" :ermm:
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Not bad for only a couple of hours, but yeah, no WOW.

Keep reading about CSS. You'll see how it can replace tables.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads