Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

New swimming pool site I am currently working on. This is a work in progress and has been a challenge with the client using exisiting logos and colors. None of the links work and some items are not finished. Would like a review of what you see so far.

Thank you in advance.

Member #
    I cant see your navigation. The big picture with the raft is covering it.

Member #
    Roll up your sleeves on this one, there is a lot of work to be done.
    1) Yes, fix your nav bar it is completely messed up
    2) The banner needs a lot of work. Even if the owner of the company provided you with poor logos and graphics, you as a designer should take the initiative to get better ones. Ask for originals, talk to their printer or old designer who have the old logos, rebuild them for the site............whatever you need to do to make them look good.
    3) Your copyright info is also wrong and needs to be fixed

I don't think the site is bad as far as layout and the colors aren't too bad.....I guess they do fit in with "pool" colors.
    It isn't too far off a finished design, you just need to tweak what you do have.

Plus, it is hard to review a site in early development........you can get a bit more content on there and get better feedback.
    Just fix your errors and that will be a huge start. Then work on that banner, it is going to be the main graphic focal point, so it should be squared away.
    Good luck.....
    GMan

Member #
    Updated the site and went a different direction. I know its hard to judge something that isn't finished but I want some feedback. Thanks again everyone.

http://www.rileyspoolsandspa.com/ver2/index.asp

Member #
    The nav buttons stack in IE [FIXED]. Other than that it looks ok.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    It's all a little boring IMO... Nothing really blew me away. I suppose that's fair enough considering that you're selling swimming pools. However, as soon as one of your competitors gets a more fancy site... Bye bye potential clients. First impressions count. A lot!

Nice work on your coding though, it's clean and functional.
    No ma'am, we in IT don't have a sense of humor we're aware of.

Member #
    404 ERROR...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    page cannot be found

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Folks, you're going to want to be looking at the updated link he posted a few posts back :-)

Member #
    Well... Let me see if I can wipe the tattoo of STUPID off my forehead.

The Good
    I was born and raised in Cincinnati, so I'd love the site if it were nothing but a picture of a big pile of crap--luckily, it's not. The graphics on the page are great and look professional.

Your code is very clean and easy to read.

The Bad
    I don't like the white border around the nav menu. You've used black borders elsewhere, but not here. It's not cohesive. You also need to tighten up the bar the houses the nav menu. I'd like to see the nav menu bar be the same height as the menu itself. The underline needs to go as well. I'd much rather see a simple color change.

Simplify the image border. Right now it's a white border with a black border around that. It's too busy. A simple 1px black border would work best.

I don't like the look or feel of the large blue tab at the bottom of the page. It just doesn't work for me. The color doesn't fit your scheme, the font doesn't fit the rest of the site, and it is telling me to go browse your website, something that I'm already doing...

One last thing: your company name is Riley's Pools and Spas, but your URL is rileyspoolsandspa.com. There are going to be a BUNCH of people not make it to your site because they misspell the URL. Why did you leave the "s" off the end of the name when creating the URL?

One more last thing: why is the page written in ASP? I can't find any dynamic content on the page.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads