Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Well, its pretty self explanitory, but how is the layout/style of my website?
    I have obviously not added content. There will be a right toolbar/navigation thing and the navigation bar will be fixed too.
    All i want to know is how the site feels and looks and whether the grey and light glassy blue works out fine.

Member #
    Layout? All you have is a logo and a nav menu... It's damn hard to critique a site when those are the only two elements.

I don't like the logo. This is a Photoshop website and the logo is horribly pixelated and the colors do not look good together (the colors in the logo).

As for the logo's light blue and the grey... It's grey, everything goes well with grey. I think you need some warm tones on the site as well as the light blues. I shivered when the page loaded.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jameskeeler
    Layout? All you have is a logo and a nav menu... It's damn hard to critique a site when those are the only two elements.

I don't like the logo. This is a Photoshop website and the logo is horribly pixelated and the colors do not look good together (the colors in the logo).

As for the logo's light blue and the grey... It's grey, everything goes well with grey. I think you need some warm tones on the site as well as the light blues. I shivered when the page loaded.
    I take offense to that. The logo took me some time to make. It is pixilated because of the file format. You certantly could have stated what you thought kinder. By the way. Its not like any of the sites that you are webmaster for look any better. deep blue does not go well with brown fyi.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Whoa there. Let's not start slinging anything around. negativezero48, on occasion you'll get some pretty harsh judgements from people on the `How's My Site' forum, but these are all opinions meant to help you, so don't bristle too much.

It also bears mentioning that, at least for me, it's easier to comment on someone else's site than to visualize a nice layout for my own.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by negativezero48
    I take offense to that. The logo took me some time to make. It is pixilated because of the file format. You certantly could have stated what you thought kinder. By the way. Its not like any of the sites that you are webmaster for look any better. deep blue does not go well with brown fyi.
    dude, dont get so mad. Your site really does not have a layout. like stated before there is nothing to rate except a menu, which looks....well not to great because it overflows, and a logo which is okay but still nothing special. And another thing....instead of using html to code the whole site you should definitally look into css.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    As far as the lack of layout is concerned, by the way -- maybe you should try mocking it up in Photoshop or something first, so you have a good idea of what you want. Post it here, get some feedback on the initial design plan, then see how you might go about doing it with HTML+CSS or whatever. The best part is, if you try to do something in your mockup that we know is difficult to translate into code, someone will probably let you know.

Member #
    Well, if you can't take criticism then don't post here. James is one of the fairest and most competant web site critics this forum has. You'd be wise to listen to his comments.

Your menu breaks in Firefox as well.
    No ma'am, we in IT don't have a sense of humor we're aware of.

Member #
    I take offense to that. The logo took me some time to make. It is pixilated because of the file format. You certantly could have stated what you thought kinder.
    No offense was meant. I simply stated the truth and I stand by those comments.

If the file is pixelated due to file format, then change formats. This is supposed to be a Photoshop site and therefore you WILL be expected to be an expert and have top shelf graphics.

Your logo colors, to me on my monitor, do not work. You have tones of blue and cyan and they are not harmonious. Mainly, I have a problem with the outside glow behind the Photoshop Creations text. Remove that and all might be okay.

The other problem that I see immediately is the lack of anti aliasing on the Photoshop Creations text. The edges of the letters are very jaggy.

One suggestion: move the Photoshop Creations text to the far right. There's too much emptiness to the right and too much busyness to the left. I understand that's why you are using the outside glow on the text, but it's just not working. Either do that or move the Photoshop CS2 text that's in the background over the right side.

Member #
    I'm sorry, but I don't like it at all. Here's a few things I noticed:
    • Coding/HTML
      • Site is made up with tables?
      • No CSS/Stylesheet
      • No formatting (It's all just listed down the left side)
    • Overall Layout
      • Not much of a design -- Just a big banner and a (broken) navigation pane on the left
      • I'm a firm believer in a sence that everything should linen up and spacing should be equal. Your banner does not line up with the navigation on the left at all.
    • Design / Graphics
      • Colors don't work well together. I think they mix in a little too much and there's nothing eye catching about it
      • The drop shadows don't look well.
        • The Banner...
          • poorly pixelated
          • Very large filesize @ 45KB
          • It is just a few screenshots from a few Photoshop elements (The Splash screen logo and the toolbar) Try making something original maybe?
          • Left side is crowded, right side empty.
      • Embossing on the banner and navi needs to go.
    • Content
      • There isn't any.
    • Navigation
      • There's not much there -- Just a link to the homepage (the only page) and Forums.
      • Why is the same navigation listed twice?
        • Once on top and once on the left. I could understand having a navigation at the top of the page and at the bottom, but not the same thing so close together.
      • Navigation pane is not only broken and displayed improperly, but it overflow.
    • Validation
      • No CSS to validate
      • HTML does not validate
    In short, your photoshop 'skills' are questionable and web development 'skills' aren't all that well put together either. I would highly reccomend doing some research in those two areas then trying again once you have a better understanding of the two.

Remove Ads