Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I am have developed this website for a good cause. Kindly give me your feed back on it. Thank you.

Member #
    Looks decent, I suppose.

Very plain, though and def needs work.

Logo is poorly pixelated and not incorporated into the website well at all.

Why do you have 9 stlyesheets on one page?

Member #
    Nav Menu: Simplify the hovers. That means choose one effect and get rid of the others. I'd suggest not adjusting the left border and not making the text bold. Just make the hovers simple color changes.

Top Links: I don't like the hover effects here either, make it simple. No background and no bold text. Just give me some simple underlines.

Member #
    I agree with all4. Logo is pixelated and needs to be put into the site in more of a prominent position.
    Why? Because it is actually a good looking logo and it should be more in the site, not just a poor graphic as an afterthought.

The site does need some work, but it isn't that bad and it is a very good cause.
    Good luck with it.........
    GMan

Member #
    Thank you all for your sincere review. I have made the changes but that of the nav was not done since my boss loves it as that. I am still learning and I am willing to learn more. Now, it is on www.abodeforchildren.org
    Once again, thanks!!!

Member #
    You could at least clean up the nav if you can't change it. Put some left padding on the a:link style, then keep the padding off on the a:hover. This will take away the obnoxious text shift when you mouse over the links.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    It's a good cause alright ... too bad the site is not more appealing, more professional. As it stands right now ... I think it need alot of work.

I saw a site from one of those many css showcase site about a child sponsering site and just LOVED IT! Took me a while to find it and where I saw but I got it

Dalit Freedom Network

Now THAT's a site I'd sign up to ... draw inspiration on that. There was another I think but I can't find it ... if I do, I'll post it

edit: That didn't take long ... here's the onthe site I was talking about - Rice Raiser
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by karinne
    It's a good cause alright ... too bad the site is not more appealing, more professional. As it stands right now ... I think it need alot of work.

I saw a site from one of those many css showcase site about a child sponsering site and just LOVED IT! Took me a while to find it and where I saw but I got it

Dalit Freedom Network

Now THAT's a site I'd sign up to ... draw inspiration on that. There was another I think but I can't find it ... if I do, I'll post it

edit: That didn't take long ... here's the onthe site I was talking about - Rice Raiser
    Yep, both of those sites are top notch! I'd seen that Dalit Freedom thing before and thought it was incredible.

It almost reminds me somehow of this: http://newguyinennis.com/ this guy's a member on another forum I'm a member of and his designs are always top shelf.
    No ma'am, we in IT don't have a sense of humor we're aware of.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by karinne

Dalit Freedom Network

Yes, those sites are definitely appealing. As for this site, it needs improvement heavily.
    List:
    1) Colors: yes, the colors are a bit dull and unattractive.
    2) Layout: the site, by the simple look at it, looks unattractive and hard to access. This may be totally wrong, but, as it is my opinion, it is not a site I would stay on for long.
    3) Navigation: I can't place it, but there is definitely something unappealing with the nav bar...

Happy designing,
    Jeffrey Lu
    I have seen your future, and I have learned
    There will be no more Sadness. No more Anger. No more Envy.
    I HAVE WON!!!!

Remove Ads