Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I decided to take on the responsibility of making my high school class website. It's my first real attempt, and i've never taken classes or anything, so i'm no pro (as you can probably tell). I'm just looking for some suggestions that aren't too hard to fix so that I can improve it a little.

Thanks in advance.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Reminds me of my first websites. :-D Especially the border=10 on the tables, heh. Not bad, though! Maybe consider adding a bordercolor="#FFFFFF" to your tables.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    the only things i would do is use css/divs instead of tables and change the flash navigation to non flash nav

Member #
    Thanks for the input, I'll try and fix some things. The link might not work right now, because I have to switch hosting companies.

Member #
    I'm gonna go easy on you... It's your first site and everyone has to start somewhere.

The look is very dated. That is what some of the first websites looked like back in the early days...

Like infiniti said... Use XHTML and CSS and drop the use of tabels right quick!! Tables are not supposed to be used for layout. they are for displaying tabular data, that's all.

look at the following sites to get an idea of what we're on about:
    No ma'am, we in IT don't have a sense of humor we're aware of.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    And also keep in mind that your site is not going to look like any of those CSS mania websites or anything anytime soon. Web development is an acquired skill; web design even more so.

That said, I'd go for changing the background color... It looks a little bleak. And, like transio said, making the Flash navigation non-Flash would be good.

Remove Ads