Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: your thoughts..

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

hi all, my first post

im a student studying media lab arts and ive just finished my own portfolio site could you give me your thoughts on it please
    im thinking of entering a student competition with it.

My site

thanks
    slee

JR
    Member #
    welcome to the board slee,

nice site.. esp. the websites section
    JR

Member #

do you have any ideas on how i could improve it?

do youm thinknits good enough to enter a competion?

thanks
    slee

Member #
    i like the design but im not sure that u should put the adult sites in your portfolio if you are going to enter and if you are going to attract customers u might not want to put them on it either.
    http://www.macorastudios.com

Member #
    hmm that is a good point. i wanted to include it as it shows my design skills but i will have athink on that one

Member #
    Liked
    138 times
    Ultimately the previous clients shouldn't matter, the type of work done for them should. I'd probably list them in terms of types of clients. That way they can judge it based upon the types of work and not the clients.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    ok but as i dont have many sites is that worth it?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    slee: if you're going to enter a competition, then why not focus all of your effort on building up your one site and not show off your portfolio at all? As a professional site, you couldn't get away with that but for an amateur competition, you should be able to. The site you've designed in ttsefl is pretty good. I like the blue. Blue is your friend. Use the blue. The blue will lead you to GLORY! (G'ahead, guess what my favourite colour is.)

The only thing I'd recommend other than the portfolio is to lose the "test area" section. If it's a section for you only, keep it separate from the main site. This serves both to keep the section better protected from any possible hacks as well as avoiding the unfriendliness of a section that leads nowhere.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    the actual site ive done is for uni we have to have a portfolio site and the compo is for a portfolio site too.

the test area is used for me to practice and also so i can give cleints access if they want to see work i had a bad experience a while ago when someone tried to steal my design now i give limited access to the work then change the passwords. i also use it to give my lecturer access to my work aswell.

so you like the blue then thanks for the feed back i really appreciate it :0)

Member #
    nice site. but i agree with Jr except the websites section, shouldnt put in the adult links of your portfolio. I like the blue of your page. the banner is cool but seems you compress is too much, i think. nice work.
    Vu Tuan Phong
    iPhongDesign

http://iphong.com
    http://adstudio1.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads