Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.5 out of 5

Accessibility:
    2.5 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi all, please check out this web site and give feedback!

Cheers -Hagen
    Hagen Rose: hagen(at)jxwd(dot)co(dot)uk
    JX Web Development, Bournemouth, Dorset...JXWD.co.uk

Member #
    What people see:
    The layout is a nice change from what-I-see every day. However, it's not working yet. There are some odd negative spaces that need to be worked out. The most glaring one is the photos below the login. Also, it looks odd on a wide screen, because the copyright looks like it's in "time-out" away from everything for misbehaving.

There is not enough contrast in the colors. I know they are taken from the logo, but they're barely legible on the white background. The white-on-purple works better. The white on-photo-of-clouds is the biggest offender. Try grey. Also for the black text, go for a #333; as opposed to #000; It works wonders and nobody will ever notice it AND disapprove.

The forums have too many clicks before you get to the post. Forum pages need a <title>. There is also no way back to the main site from the forum.
    PS- Guest login did not work.

Copyedit. Hard to convince me of the benifit with your Eample.

What people don't see:
    DW Layouts and nested tables with internal styles. Ick.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    Make the blue and purple darker and move the copywrite over. It looks right in 800 x 600, but it drifts away in anything wider. In the bottom left contact, I dont like how it just says T and E, also "click here" links=bad. Since you have a contact page, you could eliminate the T and E all together. Also, the top left pictures and login just look odd to me. All though it needs improvment, I like the basic idea of the layout: simple and clean.

One more thing that is just opinion that you can choose to ignore; on your navigation, the text becomes underlined on hover. It might look nice if insteaad of text-decoration you changed the color of the borders already in place, and added a subtle background color shift.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi people,

yes I havent even started on the forum so it wont work yet...

Good call on the black text colour, and I am sure will be useful in future too...

Colours yes pretty desaturated - unfortunatly come form the client, so are fixed... IE they need to comply with all their litrature etc...

for me its important to have contact details on all pages in a consistent position so i wont be removing them... yes i know its redundant, but whoever said redundancy was "bad"? :-)

Cheers -Hagen

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Paper and Internet aren't the same. See if you can convince your clients to go for slightly darker shades of those colors. Monitors are harder to differentiate colors on than plain paper, in my opinion.

Member #
    It's a very nice overall design...visually appealing. It's a very big change from the nomal sites I see everyday.

Good job,
    Jeffrey Lu
    I have seen your future, and I have learned
    There will be no more Sadness. No more Anger. No more Envy.
    I HAVE WON!!!!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks Jeffrey!

yes we tried to set it asside a little, thats why I added the "strange" "negative space" for example... It will give some people the heebegeebies, but hey it's nice to be innovative too... I suppose these things are allways a fine line...

Personally I would have liked to have some pictures of well dressed people having discussions but the client doesnt like the corporate thing its not part of her persona, which is fair enough if thats how she brands herself...

I am interested about the comments on the readability... Personally this end we can all read it fine, maybe the site just happens to suit our monitors... so if anyone else is having difficulties I would be interested to know!!!

Thanks again for your inputs

-Hagen

Remove Ads