Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I am giving one of my clients website a much needed face lift.

I just finished the 'prototype' for it, and was curious what you guys ( and gals) though of the overall design, layout and accessibility. I also, did the logo, so please critique on that as well.

It's a very basic website. Not a ton of content to work with and all-in-all it's going to be a very small website.

Valid CSS, Valid XHTML Strict, and PHP. Also uses a work-around for internet explorer in order to display png24 transparencies properly.

Here's a link: http://yaxnet.com/temp/ews/

Here's the one online right now: http://ewirelesssolutions.com/

Thanks for your time in reviewing the site. Now, bring it on!

Member #
    Not much to review with so little pages.......lol.
    First thing I noticed was the logo. Absolutely, 100% improvement. That is a great looking logo. I hope they liked it since it is such a huge improvement over what they had before.

Site layout and design is simple and clean, not much to nav. Not exciting, but simple is sometimes good depending on the content (and in this case it is).

Only thing I see an issue with is the walkie-talkie graphics. Looks like they were cut out of a background and the edges around the talkies are grainy.
    That is all I can see that needs to be addressed.

But yeah, logo is awesome........I keep going back and forth between the two just to see how much better it is!
    Good luck with the site.........
    GMan

Member #
    Thanks for the review. I'm working on the other pages as we speak.

As for the grainy phone, I was thinking about smoothing it out myself. The 'grainy' edges are actually part of the phone, for e xample the little 'grippies' on the phone and rubber covers for accessories.

I do feel kinda weird making a website with such little navigation, but in the end I have such little content it's kind of hard to work with. Plus, more isn't always necessarily better anyway. As you mentioned, in this case, I think it worked out very well.
    \
    Thank again. More reviews/critiques welcome!

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Seems to me they're more in need of content than redesign. Are you going to be adding content to the site?

Member #
    I've asked him about it.

He wants something straight forward is what he keeps saying though. I am going to try to elaborate on a few things he has already on the other website. On the contact page I'm going to be placing a contact form as well to fill the space out a little better.

Any reccomendations?

Member #
    I think you can have them elaborate on "who we are". It doesn't need to be a full on about us page, but there needs to be some content there.

People who are looking to use their products/services do want to know who they are doing business with. Things to add there are:
    - Company philosophy
    - Customer commitment
    - Service Guarantee
    - Goals (to customer and products/services)
    - Company history (optional if they have been around awhile or have evolved to this type of company)

I see there is a sitemap link, but with so little to nav - there isn't much need for it.
    I still think this is one of those sites that doesnt' need to be overdone with additional pages/links.........but they do need to have a bit more about their company.
    GMan

Remove Ads