Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    2.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi! I have some little experience on web design and trying to make sites for other peoples. Will be happy to hear critics from you on my designs: www.boradesign.net and other sites from my porfolio. Thank you for your time. Ivan.

Member #
    I'm no expert, but very nice style.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by safe_reader
    I'm no expert, but very nice style.
    Thank you. If you will need any advices - ask me and I will try to help you. Ivan.

Member #
    I took a closer look at your page tonight, and noticed there are a LOT of tables. The look & feel is ok, but I showed it to one of my friends today who does a lot of CSS and he said it was overly complex for what it should be.

Again, I'm no expert so can't verify this as fact. I understood everything in your code as I followed along, since I used to do a similar style myself.

Member #
    I took a closer look at your page tonight, and noticed there are a LOT of tables. The look & feel is ok, but I showed it to one of my friends today who does a lot of CSS and he said it was overly complex for what it should be.

Again, I'm no expert so can't verify this as fact. I understood everything in your code as I followed along, since I used to do a similar style myself.
    Ok, thank you for your advice. I think it is because I'm using tables instead of CSS-driven layout style.

Member #
    I am myself trying to get out of the habbit of using tables. It seems as hard as I try, I just keep coming back. Maybe it's old habbits.

If you don't mind, I'd like to take your table-group, and try to edit it to get it a little more cleaner. This won't be an overnight job, but hopefully I'll get there. As mentioned, I tried before then just ran into problems or out of time. I really want to at least nail this kind of thing for once and for all.

If anyone knows the perfect solution (example) here, hopefuly they can post too.

Member #
    I am myself trying to get out of the habbit of using tables. It seems as hard as I try, I just keep coming back. Maybe it's old habbits.

If you don't mind, I'd like to take your table-group, and try to edit it to get it a little more cleaner. This won't be an overnight job, but hopefully I'll get there. As mentioned, I tried before then just ran into problems or out of time. I really want to at least nail this kind of thing for once and for all.

If anyone knows the perfect solution (example) here, hopefuly they can post too.
    Ok, you can experiment as much as you want. Really thank you for your interest. Ivan,

Member #
    first of i like to it has a modern look to it, which is good.

I'm not to keen on the colors, seems a bit bland and dark. There are a lot of images for background which took a wee while to load. I would suggest using as much CSS to set background-colors, instead of using images. you would probably have to start from scratch to use CSS for the layout so you might just want to manage with the tables, but try use as much as you can:classic:

There doesn't seem to be too much content, well what i mean is the page seems really small. I think it micght look better if you spaced thing out a wee bit more

also i would check the validity of your page there are 18 errors on the main page.

your other look ok, more color and a better feel. thats just me having a quick look tho (in workaranoid: )

good effort but i would try polish the page up a bit.

ciao

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    And for future designs, look into using CSS as much as possible. It really does reduce code bloat, and can very much improve accessibility and usability -- or at least fixing problems with those later down the line. Not to mention the fact that redesigns become substantially easier :-)

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I'll do like jamesseeker does and give you a disclaimer here :laugh:

Disclaimer: You are presenting yourself as a designer, therefore your site will be reviewed with a higher standard.

Here's what I like:

- It's 2 page ... simple

- You contact info to rentacoder is right there ... in front and you can't miss it

Now here's what I think you should improve on:

- The design itself is IMO very 90's ... old school font and curves.

- Since you are a designer you must know that it's a VERY competitive world so ... your portfolio site must be there at the top of the knowledge branch and right now ... with that tabled layout, your at the very bottom. See my sig at the bottom ... the orange stuff? Do yourself a favor and grab those books and get on the XHTML, CSS layouts and Web Standards band-wagon ... and quick

- The whole Adsense stuff makes your site look very unprofessional IMO. It tells your mabe-future clients that you're not making enough money with your coding that you have to get them to click ... know what I mean?

anyways ... that's about the jist of it and hth
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads