Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello..

Here is my site, which is too boring.. please give me tips about how to make it look cool and ACTIVE rather than looking dead!

Member #
    My suggestion would be to lose the pen graphic, and incorporate more color, possibly greens (to tie into the lizard name). Other than that, I'm not sure, I don't have a clue what the site says.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Hi there, eech,

Looks like the site is in Arabic. Pretty cool. I'm Lebanese-American, but I don't speak a word (ok, maybe one word, habibi, but I certainly don't read Arabic!)

It's generally a decent looking site, but has the basic problem of being "composed" rather than "integrated". That is, it's composed of individual graphics and effects that don't really come together to form a congruous design.

I wouldn't go back to the drawing board with it, but instead, try to look at sites that you admire for inspiration, seeing what they do to make all of their elements come together to form a nice, singular, integrated, design. Then, add elements to the current site to augment the rest of the elements and tie them all together.

The biggest mistake a lot of designers make when in your shoes is to continuously go back to the drawing board when all their site needs is more stuff. So they wind up replacing a sparse, disconnected design with another sparse, disconnected design.

Member #
    Yea it's in arabic and using Tahoma font which is an MS Windows font..
    Sadly Tahoma was removed from linux ms corefonts due to licensing issues. So if you are on linux/unix you won't be able to see the currect looking.. Is there any linux font that is similar to Tahoma when written in Arabic? I know vernada is like tahoma, but not when typing in Arabic.

I want coolest sites that you've seen.. I don't know enough cool sites..

Also wondering why my flash banner is damn so big? many sites show hi res images in flash but still much smaller file size.. any tips and tricks to reduce the file size while keeping the image clear and clean?

Member #
    In regards to the flash banner being bug -- Why does it even need to be flash? It doesn't even do anything expept for some little clock looking thing on the bottom left and scrolling 'text' on the top right. It takes entirely too long to load just for that.

Otherwise, I don't think the site looks bad at all. The layout could use a little something like... color: You need colors that contrast. Blues, greens, orange, red, etc... Not necessarily all of those, but you get the idea (I hope\)

Maybe, incorporate the navigation into hte actual layout. To me, right now it almost looks like after-thought. Incorporate the footer on the bottom into the design a little better as well.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    When you export the flash file, you have options to compress image output. If that doesn't help, hit Ctrl+L to open your library, right click on the image file, and check on its properties to make sure it's using the movie's default compression setting for output.

Member #
    if i remove the flash banner, the site will more boring...
    the best solution is to have a cool flash banner with much smaller size
    currently I'm thinking of some cool vector macromedia flash images (images drawn in flash it self).. i think they are smaller in size and load much quicker.. but yet I have no idea, if you have then share it!

transio, your techinques are already used except reducing image quality, I tried it and the banner gets noticably ugly =]

now I'm going to do some photoshop work and few style changes.. instead of using solid colors, I'll put images that go like this [dark... lighter... lighter... light].. just like the gray color on the ver top cell, I'll use this for other gray cells.. i guess it will look better

all4sama.. I really liked you site background (the one in your sig) =] never thought of it.. I'll make somethink like yours but with different scales and colors.. hope this doesn't voilate any copy right =P

Remove Ads