Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    2.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi
    I am living in Bangkok at the moment and with my free time enjoying trying to design and build websites etc. I love starting something like this and feeling great when it all comes together at the end - after pulling out only a section of my hair! Honest opinions would be appreciated.
    Thanks, Hayles

Member #
    This takes way too long to load, so I didn't wait to review it.

I will say welcome to web design. You will feel like pulling out your hair many times as you put sites together...........but in the end it is worth it.
    Good luck......
    GMan

Member #
    Question, are you a solo independent designer?
    GMan

Member #
    Hi
    Yes I am, just really started out after studing multi media design for a year, websites was what I was really keen on on doing though...........keeps me busy and out of the shops

Member #
    Ok, I let your site load.........you do have to speed up the d/l time on the site.
    Here are a few things I reviewed on your site and hope they help.

1) Lose the "our work, our designs, the word our". It is misleading and can be perceived as dishonest if it is just you designing the stuff. There is nothing wrong with using "my or me". It shows that you are the one who is doing the work and also shows a sense of pride (taking ownership).

2) You have many grammar issues. Best example is "website development" page 3rd paragraph. It should read "ZLD wants" and "that look great". Best thing to do is to go thru the site, have someone proof it for you. Content is a key element when it comes to a designers site. The customer is going to want to know what to expect. If your own site has mistakes, what are you going to do for the client?

3) Banner & Logo. I like the gradient/fade look, but your logo is much too small. You can't read the name of your company. I do like the logo........it is quite effective.....but you have to do something with the text in the logo. It is much too smalll to read, let alone identify you.

4) Your photo gallery opens up to another page that almost looks like a different site. It should be consistent with background colors and layout with the rest of your site.
    The same goes with your web development page that opens up. Use the same font as the rest of the site.

These are all little things to make your site look better. There is a lot going for it that is right from a design standpoint.
    Good use of the rollovers on the nav bar. It is easy to nav. You've paid attention to the content in explaining what you are all about.
    I think if you tighten up the little things, you will have a good looking site.
    Good luck with the site (and your business).......
    GMan

Member #
    Hi Planetgman
    Thanks for your feedback, I certainly took note of your comments (and agree) and these will certainly improve the site.
    Just a quick question though, is there a way to speed up the downloading apart from the "preload" tag? Once it has downloaded the first time it then seems to be very quick thereafter, is this normal or should my site download straight away every time?
    Again thanks for all your help and feedback.

Remove Ads