Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

What do you guys think?

Member #
    Call me a bitch, but I hate flash when it's not completely necessary. :ermm:
    Currently using: Firefox 1.5, IE 7, Notepad, Ms Paint, GIMP

Member #
    The flash seems very laggy on my system, I guess it can't support the alpha very well or something.

Member #
    The pop up (content) portions are terribly pixelated, and only some are totally opaque. I don't like the semi-transparent portions as they are hard to read.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    Yes - Do you have some good flash skills?
    Maybe - Will you get many customers based on your site?
    No - Will you get good reviews from other designers in this forum?

First, I do want to say that you do have some good FL skills. But you can't make a site based on that alone.
    Here are some things that need to be addressed (or not).

1) This does lag, there are some loading issues and it is slow to load
    2) The railroad sounding background noise needs to go. Nobody wants to listen to sound constantly when going through a site. You should have the sound muted on load and at least give the option to mute. If you have a mute button, I didn't see it.
    3) Your "loading text" looks a bit sloppy and out of place
    4) When going from your "Gallery 1" portfolio link to your "Pricing" link, it froze up the portfolio view and the pricing banner popped up behind the artwork.......so you can't read the text very well.
    I went back and checked it a 2nd & 3rd time and on the 3rd time it transitioned properly.
    5) In the text box on your pricing and your about us page, the text looks horrible. Very pixelated and needs to be cleaned up.

With that said, there is probably more wrong with the site than is right with it (at least from a design standpoint).
    You have good content and it is easy to nav, so you have at least got 2 out of 3, but I'm afraid the design elements are overshadowing what is good with the site.

You clearly have the skills to make this site more appealing and maybe the casual user won't even notice some of these things (though I do think the sound is an issue with any user).......but you came to a WDF so you may see and hear things you may not have thought of when sitting down and building the site.

At least here you may not always hear what you want, but you may hear what you need.
    Oh.......and disregard any comments that don't help critique or review your site. You can get hung up on those, but they are always best to be ignored.
    Good luck with your site and your business.......
    GMan

Member #
    its been said before but i'll say it again - LOADING TIMES, arrgh
    i like that the site has both HTML and flash pages so that when i got sick of waiting for the flash page to load i could still access your site, on revisiting your flash page it loaded much faster and i can see that you are clearly a very talented flash "artist."
    on your html page the portfolio didnt work although that may have been my computer, best of luck!

Remove Ads