Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    1.7 out of 5

Accessibility:
    1.8 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.7 out of 5

Compatibility:
    3.2 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.3 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I am slowly trying to upgrade into CSS, and make this more visually appealing.
    Currently I have removed some tables from the main page, and installed some CSS. Still a long way to go. I need to learn more CSS, while trying to improve the layout.

Hopefully by posting here, I'll get enough insults & kicks in the rear to force me to upgrade this more asap into something magnificent.

Member #
    It looks better in Firefox today than it did yesterday. It still needs a lot of work, though.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    It may look good in Firefox, but in IE7 it doesn't look good at all.

I see where you are going with the site and I think it will be an effective, easy to nav site when all is said and done.
    I know you are working on it, so I'd like to see where it goes before I say what you might need to improve.

One thing I highly recommend is getting your logo fixed/improved/changed. I think a good logo will help your site tremendously.
    Good luck........
    GMan

Member #
    I apologize for the IE problems. I got it finaly fixed in firefox, and surprise, now it doesnt' work worth a damn in IE. ARghghgh!!!!!

No surprise I am not too thrilled about CSS, and never really have been.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by safe_reader
    No surprise I am not too thrilled about CSS, and never really have been.
    Simply because you do not understand it yet. Don't **** on it ... just learn how to use it properly.
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    Well I FINALLY fixed that dreaded IE bug. Now what to work on next is a good question. I guess I should edit that privacy policy thing, by actualy fixing the broken link and putting it into some sort of Block. The position for that is way off between FF and IE as well.

I guess I should also widen my cells and perhaps add some more coloration.

Member #
    Ok, I did some html cleanup by deleting out some white-space and paragraph breaks. I guess they serve no purpose for web sites anymore unless they are inside div blocks.

I made a little background for the small footer bar. I don't know, was that over-kill? I tried to center it at the bottom but css only lets me float to one side or the other, so I gave up and just let it sit at the bottom left for now.

I was told I could make things easier by dividing this page up into two columns, one for each side but... with my newbiness I had better wait.

Maybe I should start tommorow by trying to build or re-style some of the other pages.

Member #
    Boy, am I on a roll or what. Did some more research this morning, and a lot of tinkering. I now have two columns, and stuck the old cells in each. This now helps me from all the dundancy of different left & right class declarations. I guess these colmns are what you call wrappers... Still slowly puddling along here. I imagine I'll run out of steam soon.

Member #
    right,
    firstly i dont like how on IE you can see the white between the links at the top and the advert brings the quality of the site down considerably, i dont like the harsh blue text in the content boxes at all either, on the subject of content boxes, align them differently, at the minute they dont seem right some how (sorry about that poor explanation) ah i've seen what it is! the top two boxes are smaller than the rest, which gives it a kind of skewed and unbalanced feel, keep at it though.

Member #
    Well it has been quite a few days since I last touched it. I tend to go in spurts. I'll work on soemthing for days at a time, then put a hault to it. I haven't touched that site in a while but this weekend I will try and get back to somet things.

Yes, I was not too happy with the header,but I had just thrown out a lot of nice fitting code & feel because I had been trying to get it 100% xhtml strict valid. I had to cut some corners and now it doesn't look as great

I will try and do some more adjustments, but first, I need to fix up some other pages, etc.

Remove Ads