Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    2.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

This site I made for the computer shop I work at. Just like to see what you guys think. And if anyone knows of any good free shopping carts that we could put our inventory on the site.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    For a good free shopping cart try OSCommerce.

As for the site:
    1. It is too dark. There's a reason you rarely see white text on a black background on the web - it's hard on the eyes, and is usually a depressing color scheme. In this case, with red and gray accents, it's very depressing. Flip it and go with black on white.

2. The red titles are barely visible. Once you flip the rest of the site, though, that will change.

3. The header image looks like a photo of the inside of your office. It's not flattering. It looks like you guys are a small shop, and to be completely candid, your office space is bland and ugly... but even if you were in a multi-million dollar penthouse office space downtown, I wouldn't suggest using a photo of your office space in your header - put that in the "about us" page if anything. For the header, use something related to what you do... computers or something... and make it pretty. (don't fade it... that's out of style)

4. Put a box around each of your products. This will visually break them up and make your page look more organized.

5. On your "services" page, wasting a lot of space. Put your content into one column., and put the "overview" beneath the list of services.

If it were me, I'd put the PC Services and Web Design bulleted lists at the top of the page, and make them linked lists, using <a href="#name"> to link each title to the content below. That would make the content more navigable.

6. Don't underline your headers. Make them bold.

That's about it for now.

Member #
    First of all, I like the layout, but agree with transio that the white and black should be switched. I would also do something to set the navigation apart. I would also do something to make the links stand out some. In one paragraph you have "For a quote on web page please use the form provided by Clicking Here," with nothing to emphasize the link.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    Agreed with previous comments.
    Layout is good, just need to work on color schemes and making your links/photos stand out a bit more.

On your services page, you have a lot of blank space under services and design, so that needs to be addressed. Maybe some photos?

For a company that does web design, you want to make sure your site stands out even more.
    But your content and layout are pretty good, so just some design issues to tweak.
    Good luck.......
    GMan

Remove Ads