Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    2.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey guys, I have posted on a few forums and I would like to start posting on this one more. I was wondering what you think of my site. Be sure to check out everything and if you do not mind pass it on to a friend or a co worker. I am trying to spread my name and resume through out the web. Thanks in advance guys

Member #
    Very tiny, but I guess that's what you wanted? What screen size are you running anyway? I find it odd that being an IT guy, you still put your address and info just out there like that, where every spam bot on the planet is going to have it cross-indexed into a hundred databases by the end of the month.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Let's start with the design portion shall we?

- It's small yes ... but ... it's well done
    - The font-size whoever ... that is too small.
    - I'd ditch the frame if I were you ... let the site flow!
    - There's nothing on here that tells me what you do in the first 5 seconds of me view that page.
    - That photo page is way to bare ... put some photos in there with the link so we can get a little preview of what's to come.

Now on to the code

- No DOCTYPE
    - You have validation errors and among them this one
    Code:
    <META name="keywords" content="Brandon Dixon...., administrator, job>"
    - Table for layout with the use of many attributes
    - and spacer gifs
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    The issues of size have been pretty much addressed.
    To me, content (or lack of) is more of the issue. You say, "be sure to check everything out and forward it on", but what is "everything"???
    There isn't much to the site, so it is doubtful you will get much here in terms of people forwarding it on.

You do need to have something to quickly address what the site is about. Obviously, it is a personal blog..........but what is the purpose of the site?
    A brief description about you.......etc. With the size, you run into the problem of being able to put that on there without overcrowding the page. Just a lot of wasted space that could go to good use.

*side note: On one of your entries you talked about leaving a job and they took you off the schedule. Most companies don't require you to work out your notice. It is still a courtesy to give notice, but (and this is especially true in retail) when you give notice, they just take you off the schedule.
    I understand you needed the money, but when you are leaving any company, they don't really care. Their goal is to immediately look to replace you, not having to pay you your two weeks notice.
    I have consulted with many companies who have adapted this policy over the past several years. I do recommend to companies, if the employee was a good employee, leaving on good terms, and is not going to a competitor to go ahead and just let the employee leave and still pay them their two weeks.
    It is still common place with retail or if you go to work for a competing company to just say goodbye the day of or the day after you give notice..........so don't take it personally.

Anyway.......good luck with the site.
    GMan

Member #
    Apart from the size, which has already been well criticised, I like it.
    Currently using: Firefox 1.5, IE 7, Notepad, Ms Paint, GIMP

Remove Ads