Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Please provide any feedback that you have (good or bad). I am looking for any opinions and if there are any suggestions that are used, credit will be given.

Member #
    The pitch "put your site on the internet" is a little dated, and so not informative. You might want to articulate a business proposition for the modern era. The internet doesn't have to be sold anymore.

All in all there is no real content. You don't explain why -- out of perhaps 50,000 web design firms -- anyone should choose you and not any random web design shop. For me, this does not bode well for converting visitors into customers.

The web isn't wanting for containers (layouts), content is the problem now. And just as Zeldman recalls the kicking and objections when he launched the web standards movements, design firms quickly came to the realization it's what they should have been doing all along.

There is plenty to explain about web design services and how things have changed. There is more than enough room to have a web design firm with a philosophy or purpose. The business proposition doesn't seem to be much more than "open for business." It makes brochureware sites look downright encyclopedic.

Member #
    I agree with DC856. Not only is the content "old news" it also seems hastily written. Make it more dynamic.

My other issue is the portfolio doesn't really let me explore any of the pages.

I like how you've contorted the idea of a header into a sidebar. Your colors have good contrast, and the site is very legible.

Not really important, but I would move the statcounter to the bottom with the google analytics so it's not the first thing weirdos like me see in your source.

Contrary to what other people may say, forms are not tabular data! All form elements can be styled and positioned like everything else in CSS.

Basically, the layout is unique, the code is clean, there's just the one problem.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    I can't quite explain it, but I will try.
    If you look at this site, it looks decent enough.
    If you look at the content, it seems fine.

Here is what I can say. I agree that this site doesn't stand out much from most other "web designer" sites.
    Content:
    - You do need to freshen up your content and talk about how your company is different.
    - Your "fact" is pretty much the first thing they read on your site. So you talk about how important it is to be on the web, but you have no marketing in place for the website. One of the biggest diservices you can do to your customer is to design a site and then not help/show them how to market it.
    Obviously one way is metas (which you use none on your site) and there is no mention of it in your services.
    Any "web design company" can make them a site.......your site needs to be able to make that same site and then market it.
    This is one way to address the lack of dynamic content issue.
    Design:
    - I do like the skyline photo, I don't know if the oil painting effect is all that great. I think you lose a lot of detail that people might like to look at. Especially with people that are local to your area (where most of your clients will come from).
    - Along with that, you almost get a pixelated effect going from the water to the background and I think it loses something from a design standpoint.
    - One way to correct this is to at least try and go with the normal photo and maybe sharpen the pic. Give the skyline a gradient sky blue to white background.
    That is what I'd do, so that is certainly open to interpretation........it is your site, your company so you need to go with what you like.
    - The other thing I'm not sure about is the use of color with your logo and your sidebar. The greens and reds don't really look very bold from a design standpoint when putting so much blue into the rest of the design.

Always remember that "content is king". Refocus your efforts on your content and you can distance yourself from your competitors.
    Good luck with your site........
    GMan

Remove Ads