Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

After all the ugly tables that I've had to deal with GeoffMyers.net and other projects, I finally made the decision to make a site with absolutely *no* tables. It's still in the VERY early stages. None of the pages work except the homepage, and there's no content yet. But I want to make sure that I'm headed in the right direction. And, how does this look in other browsers that I don't have access to (i.e. Internet Explorer )? I've only tested it in Safari so far. And, the CSS and XHTML are valid (don't know how long that will last) . Again, I'm a terrible programmer, but I can handle basic HTML (which is really all I need since most of the more advanced stuff will be done in the CSS, of course).

Member #
    Pretty nice. It works fine in Camino. There is a small issue in Firefox. The border of div.container is 1px above the bottom of it, so theres a 1px white line underneath it. I'm not sure why. I was also thinking a drop shadow at the bottom might be nice.

Member #
    I've done some modifications to the site. If you haven't looked at it in the last 5 minutes, then check again.

ljm
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Looking good! I agree with cheatdeath too - a drop shadow at the bottom would look good.

The only issue in IE is padding. There's no padding in the main content area, nor is there any at the bottom - everything's been pushed right to the edges and it doesn't look as good.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'll take this opportunity to remind you about the animated favicon :-P Looks pretty awesome though.

Member #
    There are grey borders on the nav tabs, and the text overlaps the shadow in IE. Overall it looks pretty nice.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    The red at the bottom stands out alot. I think you should subdue it to a more neutral color. The home in the top right kinda feels a little out of place. Also you could drop the underline on the nav bar hover. The changing color gets the message across well enough.

Overal, tweak the color a bit, (the bright red is reminiscent of ad sites) and it will look great.

It's good you are moving away from tables, but don't get too caught up with no tables. Sometimes tables just work better, but most of the time css is the way to go.

Remove Ads