Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: My first site.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    1.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    1.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    2.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

SITE IS NOT UPLOADED... IT IS ATTACHED

I am nearly done with a site. It is the first real site I have made. It is for a neighbor who does pottery. He is paying me $300-400 for it. I started it with basic HTML knowlege. I use gimp and nvu, both opensource apps. The site is attached (no images attached). It needs to be done by this friday, but does anyone have any tips for future site, or quick tips for this one? Im in highschool, but on friday I go to ireland for foriegn exchange, so I have this week off from school. I was getting bored doing simple stuff like adding one link to the nav. bar on every page. Any way I could have done it simpler? Thanks.

Edit: The guy he hired before me made this: hubbelpottery.com

Member #
    The Grey on the navigation box doesnt really match up with the rest of the color scheme. This is made worse by the Turquoise border around it. You seem to be using a table layout for the presentation of the site. This will make it difficult to change things in the future. Switch to a DIV based design. There is a lot of strange charachters in the html code, which suggests to me that you didnt code it yourself. If you are just starting out in webdesign you should first learn how to code in a plain text editor.

Here are some good links to learn more about HTML and CSS

http://www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp

http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp

Good Luck!

Remove Ads